Washing yeast from Fast Fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noefite

EOD Hasher
Reaction score
I purchased a Fast Fermentor a year ago or so, and I've made about 5 batches so far. At this point I'm very happy with it, but I want to step it up a notch and start washing my yeast and repitching it.
Can anyone help me with some good steps on the process? I read the great wiki article on washing yeast, but the conical fermentor would be a slightly different approach since you can't add boiled and cooled water to the trub.
Would I just put all my trub in a mason jar and refrigerate it until I'm ready to make a new starter?

I purchased a Fast Fermentor a year ago or so, and I've made about 5 batches so far. At this point I'm very happy with it, but I want to step it up a notch and start washing my yeast and repitching it.
Can anyone help me with some good steps on the process? I read the great wiki article on washing yeast, but the conical fermentor would be a slightly different approach since you can't add boiled and cooled water to the trub.
Would I just put all my trub in a mason jar and refrigerate it until I'm ready to make a new starter?

Yup.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=519995

if you have clean yeast, why add water and whatever else is floating around? just pitch those bad boys as is.

Latest posts

Back