Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Sorry if this one has already been posted*

You get up at 3 A.M. just to go and sneak a peak of your fermenter bubbling away.

You call your latest brew "My Precious...".

When you used to think of "quads" as 4 speaker stereo,or 2 four barrel carbs. But now you think Belgian...dang,I shoulda picked up that omagang quad,.

When you go down to the basement fridge to grab a beer the night before a brew day, see the yeast starter and say something like "sleep now my pretties for tommorow we feast".

... your local beer store knows you not only for your proclivity toward craft brew, but to save swing tops and cool pry off bottles for you.

You keep following this thread to see how far down the rabbit hole you are compared to everyone else but you never come across a post that makes you say "at least I'm not that guy"

H-ost said:
You keep following this thread to see how far down the rabbit hole you are compared to everyone else but you never come across a post that makes you say "at least I'm not that guy"

I purchased a wig , perfume and jewelry. Not for my wife but for my Carboy. I named her Alice we go on dates once a week and I keep her in the closet as my wife was not interested in a threesome .

Ozzfest05 said:
I purchased a wig , perfume and jewelry. Not for my wife but for my Carboy. I named her Alice we go on dates once a week and I keep her in the closet as my wife was not interested in a threesome .

At least I'm not as bad as that guy.

You buy a hydrometer online to replace the one you broke & somehow that order turns into another 36 lbs of grain to go with all the extra hops you have in. Your beer fridge.

Your addicted to home brew when you start kegging your hombrew just so your wife can't count all the bottle of beers you drank.

YES!

You also know your addicted when you can't really come up with a reason that hasn't already been posted but you feel the need to chime in just to show that you too have an addiction.

When the holidays come around,& you see more stuff in the baking needs isle that'd make a great beer to go with all that food.

I started this thread some time ago now. It's awesome to see that it gets so many replies.
Here's another from me:
I do heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. My local brew shop (Tuxedo Park Brewers) uses my hvac services, in trade for my labor I get in store credit. So instead of saying I work for beer. I work for brewing supplies to make beer.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I just noticed last night that I have 2 empty fermenters. This will not do.

I don't care what I'm supposed to be doing on Saturday - it is now a brew day. Time to try a lager methinks.

When you have a weekend trip and the first thing you do is check for the best breweries in the area.

donjr721 said:
I started this thread some time ago now. It's awesome to see that it gets so many replies.
Here's another from me:
I do heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. My local brew shop (Tuxedo Park Brewers) uses my hvac services, in trade for my labor I get in store credit. So instead of saying I work for beer. I work for brewing supplies to make beer.

You recognize other people's brew shops and want to start conversations with them.

On that note I just spent Saturday at great fermentations, bier, and black swan. (A buddy said tuxedo was closed Saturday and another friend said that a few of the owners had personal issues that day, hope everything is ok)

JollyIsTheRoger said:
You recognize other people's brew shops and want to start conversations with them.

On that note I just spent Saturday at great fermentations, bier, and black swan. (A buddy said tuxedo was closed Saturday and another friend said that a few of the owners had personal issues that day, hope everything is ok)

I believe everythings fine. I saw both Adam and Jason Tuesday evening

I've been reading this nthread thinking, "Funny stuff, but that's not me". Then, I thought about the other day. I do partial-mash and an occasional small-batch all-grain. I had to go to my LHBS to get a can of extract I had forgotten for a planned India Black Ale. I started to walk by the grains, realized my 1-gal is sitting idle, and instead of picking up a $10 can of extract, I got that, plus ingredients for 3 more small batches, $34.

So, yeah, me, too.

trips to liquor store is now called research

you buy beer bottles not beer

you have over 500 bottles but you have to get another case every once in awhile just in case

Every day I remind my pregnant wife that she really isn't helping clear out bottles for the next batches that are waiting to get packaged. I tell her that it's hard work for a husband - "I'm drinking for two".

When you spend thanksgiving day brewing and thanksgiving night talking about brewing with your relatives.

When your family attempts an intervention because they are more worried about the amount of time you spend brewing beer, not the amount of time you spend drinking it

I started this thread some time ago. On thanksgiving day our garage caught fire and caught mobile home on fire as well. The trailer is toast. We are gonna be able to save most of our belongings.

I did save a batch if Irish red that is fermenting an my ingredients for s stout to brew. When the fire started that was one of the first things on my mind (my family of course). No one was hurt. I started a happy thanksgiving thread and have a pic posted. I am going to have to find another trailer. I didn't have insurance on trailer but the property owners garage is insured. I'm not sure if we will get assistance from that or not.

I'm not sure ifbim allowed to ask for assistance on this site or not but any is appreciated greatly. Thanks, Don Wilson
Don Wilson
10873 e. Stanley rd
Rockville, IN. 47872

Here is a picture

image-799325920.jpg

paulster2626 said:
Every day I remind my pregnant wife that she really isn't helping clear out bottles for the next batches that are waiting to get packaged. I tell her that it's hard work for a husband - "I'm drinking for two".

Way to take one for the team!

Back