Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you make a stop at the grocery store after the lhbs, and crack your window to keep your yeast cold (during the winter months)

mdgagne said:
When you calculate the grist-to-water ratio of your oatmeal in the morning.

Guilty of doing this today actually. Also thought about the gravity effects of the brown sugar and raisins I added to it.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

You're excited about Christmas again since you know you're getting some kind of brewing stuff. Besides the 2 full batches of beer that'll be peaking in time for Christmas & New Years. :ban:

You're excited about Christmas again since you know you're getting some kind of brewing stuff. Besides the 2 full batches of beer that'll be peaking in time for Christmas & New Years. :ban:

Right there with ya! Santa's Honey Spiced Ale was planned to be done the week of christmas and (cross fingers) I will be getting a Rebel Brewer Mill.

I was just told by two guys I work with, by the way who go me involved in brewing, that I need an intervention. Multiple carboys of beer, alpfenwein and mead going, trolling Craigslist for any home brewing supplies (ie carboys, corny kegs, bottles, ect) and just purchased a chest freezer to build a kegerator.

They say I'm obsessed, I say I'm ahead of the curve! :rockin: They need to catch up.

tojo said:
I was just told by two guys I work with, by the way who go me involved in brewing, that I need an intervention. Multiple carboys of beer, alpfenwein and mead going, trolling Craigslist for any home brewing supplies (ie carboys, corny kegs, bottles, ect) and just purchased a chest freezer to build a kegerator.

hey! I resemble those remarks! It's not us who're crazy... It's everybody else!

When you are arguing with yourself like a schitzophrenic about which of the 20 next brew plans you should do next!

When you come into work early just so you can get on HBT and check the threads!

When you spend your bonus to upgrade your system from propane to electric so you wont have to quit brewing in January when its too cold to run the hose to the chiller outside.

"I might be crazy but it keeps me from going insane"

i was walking by 2 people who were talking. 1 said "that's a 45 and a 25". I thought "that's not a good hop schedule!"

Were they talking about brewing or evaluating? Sounds to me like they described one beer as "Outstanding, a world-class example of style" and another as "Good, misses the mark on style and/or minor flaws" :)

When u get the new byo mag and u instantly have to drop a duece. (i like many do most all of my reading in the bathroom)

Reading BYO while dropping a duece? I wonder if that's what KISS had in mind with their lyric "you know your man is workin hard...he's worth a duece!"? Iow,he ain't worth shizz!? They never did admit what that meant.

unionrdr said:
Reading BYO while dropping a duece? I wonder if that's what KISS had in mind with their lyric "you know your man is workin hard...he's worth a duece!"? Iow,he ain't worth shizz!? They never did admit what that meant.

Warning sign #75
You have begun searching for meaning in kiss lyrics..

I just couldn't stop myself. I had to add that one for posterity in such an awsome thread! Not to mention,it's Friday,gettin more beer,more vodka,more thumbs up,& more friends on here. I'm MUCH better now...:drunk::cross:

When you are standing in front of the wood stove getting warm, and just thinking. Then your wife walks by, looks at you and says "What are you thinking about, Beer ****?" and shs's right.

When you are standing in front of the wood stove getting warm, and just thinking. Then your wife walks by, looks at you and says "What are you thinking about, Beer ****?" and shs's right.

Your suppose to say" You of course" your not a good lier! Dont be suprised if tomarrow she yells " You should have just married beer!":drunk:;) She just could be right.

When you notice that your neighbor has a dishwasher for sale and you start thinking of ways to hook it up in the garage to make cleaning bottles easier.

When you start to wonder if sending a group text message to your extended family three minutes ago, that simply said, "87% efficiency!" was such a good idea.

When you're giving your beers there fridge time for the holiday,& you keep stopping to admire how clear & beautiful they are.:ban:

Things that make ya go hmmmm...Maybe. Her summer ale clone might be the better of the two to try tonight. The Burton ale may well need the week to get decent head & carbonation. The Whiskely ale did,& it was just shy of 10 weeks in the bottles.
But You know you're addicted when a member posts a link for a really cool freeby,& your all over it like shizz on velcro...!:ban:

When your wife pours a glass of Mott's apple juice and you run and grab your hydrometer so you can measure the gravity for your upcoming batch of Apfelwein.

SWMBO: What did you do with all of my stuff in the pantry

Me: moved it to make more room for brewing pots etc.

She also asked why I had wood chips in a jar of bourbon and asked if was going to chew on them... We are both learning as we go.

That actually sounds kinda pleasurable... coupled with a cigar would be even better.

That's nothing until you've installed BeerSmith(2) to your dropbox folder so it will sync with your home desktop, brewing laptop and work computer. Then you spend your breaks and lunch hours and any moment you can get away with at work formulating your recipes.

so would that work on my phone also? Sure would be nice when having to make substitutions at the lhbs.

warning signs
-when everyone at your yard sale think you are selling refrigerators.
-when you have crates of brew conditioning in your dining room.
-you have carboys fermenting by your front door so they stay warmer than in the garage which is where the lagers are.
-Your spare room has yeast covered ceiling and is full of bottles aging.

When your laundry room looks like this.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Home Brew Talk

13245949923540.jpg

milldoggy said:
And lastly, when your fridge looks like this

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Home Brew Talk

A real brew fridge would not have that much food in it. Looks like you have some work to do.

Back