Waffles.fm or What.cd invites?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l3lackEyedAngels

Reaction score
I am in search of an invitation to either or both of the sites mentioned in the title. I don't have much to offer in return except that I will be happy to share some of my next batch, which will probably be a pomegranate wheat, kind of like Saranac's. I will also take other reasonable suggestions. Please PM if you think you can help me out.

I've been waiting for an invite to one of them for quite awhile now. Ever since OPP got shut down, I've been in search of a replacement. Good luck though, I haven't seen many invites.

Professor Frink said:
I just googled those, since I had never heard of them. Are they file sharing sites?

They're private bittorrent communities for music and software, replacements for Oink's Pink Palace. Invite-only, and you can only get invites from someone who is a member already and has met the requirements to get invites to hand out. Private BT Trackers, too, so there's very little of the junk you find on Pirate Bay. I won't touch that place.

So it's just like a bar in Salt Lake City :D Sounds just a wee bit EAC to me though, I'll stick with the pirate bay and isohunt.com for all my software pirating needs.

I was going to say that loose lips sink ships but I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Sounds just a wee bit EAC to me

These sites are very EAC, for better and worse. There are strict rules as to conduct and what you can and can't share, meaning that it's junk free and there are almost always seeds. However, the slightest infraction can get you booted, even saying something that a moderator doesn't like. In other words these sites are not for casual file-sharers. They're for pirates, and they're not really worth anyone else's time and effort.

Yar!

Very, very EAC.

People are quite hesitant to give out invites to these sites because if *anyone* on your invite tree f's up (i.e. ratio too low, breaks rules, etc), you too get banned. Much stricter than OPP.

Plus, invites are hard to get anyway. Go hang out in IRC and make some friends.

Originally posted by mrkristofo:
Very, very EAC.

People are quite hesitant to give out invites to these sites because if *anyone* on your invite tree f's up (i.e. ratio too low, breaks rules, etc), you too get banned. Much stricter than OPP.

That's a good point, but I should point out that I have a spare computer and hard drive that I intend to dedicate to seeding and earning a good ratio. Anyway, wouldn't it be in a member's best interest to give out invites on the condition that they download his seeds (get your minds out of the gutter!) so that he improves his ratio?

Did anyone end up getting invited? I really need an invite to this..

Back