Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems like an exaggeration. It was hard, but that's just silly. I farmed the two side crypts in Festering Woods over and over. Made some solid beer money doing that.

Probably after some patches. It really was quite broken at first. People were just farming barrels in A1 near the Skeleton King areas from what I recall. There was one with a waypoint and you could just run in and wipe out a few halls before any mob spawns. Also in Act2 there was a treasure goblin that was at a certain waypoint most of the time, could farm him as well.. but sometimes there were a few trash mobs with him that'd kill you easy. I had a Barb with the OP tornado/ww build and stacking LOH, and I could do T6 after a patch or two of nerfs, but before that I could barely kill trash on T1 or 2.

I made enough money off the AH in the first couple months to pay for the game and then soem, just by buying any cheap LOH wep and reposting it higher.

I made enough money off the AH in the first couple months to pay for the game and then soem, just by buying any cheap LOH wep and reposting it higher.

I played the day it come out, don't remember it being that difficult. I did play a DH though, so I just put on ball lightning and kited **** around festering woods. Huge packs of skellies and a champion group in the woods and one champion in each side crypt. It was a quick and easy run. Sold one item for $100+ and a whole lotta rings at $5-$10 each. Silly rich people.

Wish could still do that. It's nice making little beer money on a game.

I bought D3 when it came out. I did not like it, as it was an auction house simulator and the gear was crap. So I shelved it for a while, and started to come back when the whole game was basically re-done. I've been playing it fairly consistently ever since the AH was removed.

Started a wiz last night. Got to level 51 in one rift (T5) playing solo. Love Gem of Ease (once it's lvl25, any weapon you put it in becomes equippable at lvl 1). So I was running around with a legendary lvl70 wep and +2500xp per kill.

Yeah, I was the same way. started one of about every character and played through 2/3-3/4 of the game on normal and was annoyed at the lack of decent drops (I always get crap drops when I play MMOs). Forgot about the game until I saw that a few on here were playing and started back up again. Its so much better now as it seems to be more based around maxing out quickly and then enjoying the end game because you can play with everything. I havent made the gem of ease yet, but even having the (expansion dependant) cube perks can help you to quickly and powerfully rush yourself back to the level cap in no time at all.

I can't seem to get myself to D3 anymore. It's just roflstomping monsters.
If anyone feels like spam dying through Path of Exile with me, let me know. It might be easier to die with two or more people and I've got some really bad uniques I can share.

Is anyone planning on getting Dark Souls 3 when it releases? I'll probably wait until the steam summer sale and hope it gets a discount but I'm looking forward to playing it.

Woah, anyone play Grim Dawn?? Nobody knew about this game? Looks like its cheap too. Will add that to the list.

Got Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for $4 on the recent Steam sale. Anything I should know before getting into it?

It was ok. I liked the other 2 way more. A lot of the missions were dumb. I went through them all at each level just to get the XP but it wasn't really fun. 2 was definitely the best.

FO4 is on sale for $40 right now. Just started downloading it.

Looked into Grim Dawn a little, apparently it's quite new. Seems like it is PC only and might only cost ~$25 which isn't bad for such a decent amount of content. The few people that talk about it, rave about it. Combat looks a tad slow, but if it's done well I can deal with that. Will consider.

Keep up man! I've been hyping that game for a while now. Can't wait.

Haha I have too, I just haven't seen anyone talk about it yet. Considering it releases soon I was just curious how many will be getting it. I'll be getting my new OriginPC laptop soon so I can start gaming again and that's high up on my long list of games to play. What class are you thinking of playing?

Haha I have too, I just haven't seen anyone talk about it yet. Considering it releases soon I was just curious how many will be getting it. I'll be getting my new OriginPC laptop soon so I can start gaming again and that's high up on my long list of games to play. What class are you thinking of playing?

Yeah thanks a lot man. When I get pumped about a game I don't read about it and always try to forget about it so it's a surprise when it comes out. You reminded me again, so I looked. If you google release date it says today lol. Made plans to go out with a friend and buy it. He shot me down. Guess its the release date in Japan.

Don't know, classes never really meant much before.. I always play the tankiest, heaviest armor guy I can with the biggest funking sword or halberd. I like to have so much poise that those little fast, stabby players that invade me don't set me off balance and I can just funk them up with a big nasty hit.

If you love Dark Souls or Demon Souls, Salt and Sanctuary on ps4 is a great side scrolling RPG. It has aspects of a Dark Souls clone but it's 2D. I've sunk a lot of hours in it and it hasn't been out more than a couple weeks. Great game!

Yeah thanks a lot man. When I get pumped about a game I don't read about it and always try to forget about it so it's a surprise when it comes out. You reminded me again, so I looked. If you google release date it says today lol. Made plans to go out with a friend and buy it. He shot me down. Guess its the release date in Japan.

Don't know, classes never really meant much before.. I always play the tankiest, heaviest armor guy I can with the biggest funking sword or halberd. I like to have so much poise that those little fast, stabby players that invade me don't set me off balance and I can just funk them up with a big nasty hit.

Haha I'm one of those little fast stabby players. I knew it was coming out sometime soon. I normally do the same, since its just about to release I started getting myself hyped up for it lol

I never was a big fan of playing big tanky characters. I get bored with them for some reason. I like to constantly move and out maneuver enemies. It's faster paced and keeps me on the edge of my seat cause you die so easily lol

If you love Dark Souls or Demon Souls, Salt and Sanctuary on ps4 is a great side scrolling RPG. It has aspects of a Dark Souls clone but it's 2D. I've sunk a lot of hours in it and it hasn't been out more than a couple weeks. Great game!

That sounds fun, is it only on ps4? Or can it be played on PC too?

Yes. It sucks. :D

Seriously tho', I did not enjoy it. Felt way too slapped together compared to 1 and 2.

I heard about it from my brother not long before its release. We both love Borderlands (I prefer 1, he prefers 2). He was really stoked, but I was highly skeptical. For just over $4, I'm giving it a shot, but I don't have my hopes up too high. The fact that it seemed to come out without a ton of fanfare and that it doesn't have a number reeks of corporate mischief. Take a successful IP; get a junior studio or contractor to build a new installment with the dev assets of the previous major release; release it with low fanfare and a title that makes it easy to write off later as non-canon; if it stinks, market the next installment as a franchise reboot. In other words, standalone long-form DLC.

I'll give it a couple hours sometime soon, probably enjoy it just enough to keep going, and almost certainly uninstall it when I finish the campaign. I'm trying to cut back on low-calorie gaming and instead give my time primarily to stuff that compels me, but as shameful as it is, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will probably make the cut over games like Dead Island on name recognition alone...

Any beginner tips for Fallout 4? Anything I should do in the beginning or anything worth knowing that the game doesn't tell me?

Any beginner tips for Fallout 4? Anything I should do in the beginning or anything worth knowing that the game doesn't tell me?

If you are hidden when you initiate an attack, you'll crit the target for more damage. This applies to all attacks, from long range sniping to punching the back of their head.

Hoard all ammo you find. It's weightless (for now), and make a great way to buy the things you need. If you want an item you can't afford yet, sell the trader your un-needed ammo, and use those funds to buy your goods.

If you plan on making use of Settlements, then You'll need 6 points in Charisma, and you REALLY NEED to get the Local Leader perk, so you can share resources between all linked settlements.

When (if?) you begin the Railroad faction quests, get the perk that allows you to upgrade regular clothing. Those military fatigues/vault suits you wear under your armour can be upgraded to be BETTER than the armour. You can triple that by using Power Armour on top of that.

When you leave Sanctuary Hills for the first time, cross the river and head east. You'll find a decent sniper rifle that makes a great beginner weapon.

-Fusion Cores. When you start playing around with power armor or what have you, replace them when they have a few % left in them. You can sell the mostly exhausted cores for the same amount you can sell fully charged ones. Not that money is really all that necessary later in the game, but every bit helps.
-The Overseers Guardian will carry you for quite a while as a rifle. Plus it can be modified to work with other calibers of ammo.
-The idiot savant or what have you perk is nice for XP bonuses (luck tree) but the sound effect is annoying as all hell.
-The vault suit is the best underarmor until you can modify base clothing with the perk mentioned above. It can be upgraded unlike other armor.
-Hitting the button to go into VATS (while it can be a cheap move) can and will alert you to unseen enemies and mines.
-Pistols don't really benefit much from medium/long scopes.
-Telsa Coil powerups on power armor while slightly helpful can be problematic because it autoattacks 'enemies' near you. This can cause issue in some quests.
-Each companion gives you a perk when they hit 100% affection for you. You can get rid of them afterwards and still have the perk. Companions love to get in the way.

Thanks for the tips. I knew this game was big going into it. When I started playing it last night I realized it is much bigger than I thought. Then reading stuff about it today I realized it is even bigger than that lol

are you playing on console or pc?

pc

Also: for settlements like Sanctuary and the Drive In, you can place water purifiers into the puddle/river. If these purifiers produce more water than the settlers need, then the excess purified water bottles are placed into that settlement's workbench. Those bottles can then be sold to vendors on a regular basis.

Or you can carry that heavy water around and drink it when you're low on health.

Thanks for the tips. I knew this game was big going into it. When I started playing it last night I realized it is much bigger than I thought. Then reading stuff about it today I realized it is even bigger than that lol

pc

I was going to give you a quasi cheat for console to max out your stats but you can probably do that on the PC no problem if that's what you want.

#1 on the Overseer's Guardian. That gun is the bomb. Fires an extra bullet with each shot that doesn't use up any extra ammo. I use it exclusively. When you do sneak attacks, you can drop big enemies with a single shot.

If you really get into settlements, you will probably want the perk that allows you to set up supply lines. I think it's called Local Leader.

What I've done with the Overseer's Guardian is to turn it into a single shot rifle and then maxed out the perk that gives you bonuses for non-auto rifles.

The perk that allows you to find more ammo is pretty solid. Scrounge maybe?

When you pick up a Legendary weapon, if you reload a save (quick save, auto save) and re-pick up the weapon, the stat will change. One time it could be the Kneecapper, the next time it could be the Junkie's. If you re-load a save from before that zone was loaded (before you entered that building, or before you fast travelled to that location), then it will be a different item altogether (instead of a pistol, it might be a shotgon, or a sword).

Played 4 hours so far and haven't done much of anything lol I have done a few quests but other than that I have been running around. So much to do.

Only thing I don't like so far is the weapon and armor menus, especially the armor one. I wish they sorted them by type instead of one big list. Also wish they had a better compare system. The + and - help a little.

Since you're on the PC, there are a few mods I recommend that aren't actually cheating, found on Nexus Mod Manager.

Simple Intersection - makes building settlement fences SO MUCH EASIER. Without it, you're doomed to a LONG workaround to prevent gaps in your fences, or simply accepting that your fences will have gaps.

Full Dialogue Interface - makes selecting dialogue options easier. It'll show you the entire dialogue instead of one or two keywords that doesn't tell you exactly what you're going to say, and don't exactly match the keywords anyway.

Lowered Weapons - cosmetic mod that keeps your gun lowered (instead of always pointing it in people's face while you're chatting with them). Does not affect aiming down sight speed while in combat. Doesn't really do much for large weapons like Fatman, since it still blocks half your screen while lowered.

The simple intersection sounds like a good one. I did read about the gap issue. The dialogue and weapon one I haven't had any issues with yet but may check them out.

Do you know if there are any that sort items in your backpack? I know there is a sort button but it doesn't seem to sort it in order of type. I'd like it to be listed like borderlands. Grouped by item type and not just a long list

The simple intersection sounds like a good one. I did read about the gap issue. The dialogue and weapon one I haven't had any issues with yet but may check them out.

Do you know if there are any that sort items in your backpack? I know there is a sort button but it doesn't seem to sort it in order of type. I'd like it to be listed like borderlands. Grouped by item type and not just a long list

There probably are, I haven't needed to check. You can already check the lists by categories (Junk, Misc, Quest, Armour, Weapon, Aid, Ammo).

When I mod my weapons and armour I also rename them so that they're at the top of my lists (can be renamed so they're at the bottom if you use Z as the first letter). Tip for renaming weapons is to put the calibur at the front, since the .50 or .306 will have the weapon at the top of the list, making it easier to mod again.

That's a great idea renaming the weapons. I may just be too new to the game to know what armor is what. Just wish each armor type was grouped in a sub category.

Thanks! I was looking quickly on my phone. I'm out now. Was going to look later when I got home.

If you're unfamiliar with using Nexus Mods, here is a video. This guy has several instructional videos on how to install, use, and update these mods. It's a fairly simple process.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWDjdimWoMQ[/ame]

So, I downloaded Steam for the first time ever this weekend. It absolutely ****ed up my desktop. There are 30-40 documents/folders strewn across my desktop now. Tried to delete and uninstall. No dice. Can't get rid of some of them. If I put them all in one single folder, Steam can't find the files it needs to run. Extremely not happy about this situation.

I bought Grim Dawn to try out since it was really cheap for a brand new game. With only ~2 hrs put into it, it seems solid and right up there with Diablo gameplay. Not D3 but maybe more along the lines of D2? Hard compare here since I didn't get much time into D2. The combat is just about half the speed of D3 and graphics are slightly dated but the content is definitely there. Loot out the ass. You can multiclass however you want which is excessively rare for an ARPG and it has a constellation bonus skill/passive tree reminiscent of Skyrim that you can spend some special points in.

I started as the soldier class; easiest way to learn a new game. Heavy armor, big ass weapon and simple skills. Multi-classed as shaman. Putting points and using gear with +bleed damage. Just running through things letting them bleed out behind me. Fun stuff. Killed the first main boss, which was quite an unoriginal fight but that doesn't matter to me. I don't read/listen to the story anyway.

Look forward to putting some more time into it. Highly suggest trying this one for the price ~$20-$25. With multi-class system, could see it being hugely fun with friends.

Back