Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have also seen that Fallout 3 will be bundled with Fallout 4 for Xbox One. Not sure that really means anything if the 360 emulator works well. I suppose it will play better if the CPU/GPU aren't bloated by emulator code.

Okay. What am I missing here?

Comparing prices I am seeing;

Xbox One COD bundle (game, headset, 1TB console, controller, custom skin) for $669.
Xbox One (500gb console and a controller) for $349.
Xbox One Halo custom (white 500gb console, headset, controller, and Halo MC) for $424.
Xbox One Halo (1TB console, headset, controller, and Halo MC) for $399.

Wait, $399? Is that a misprint? Is there something new on the Xbox hardware front that is drastically dropping the price points?

$50 for another 500GB, headset, and the Master Chief collection seems erroneously low.

You should also still be able to find the 500GB model with AC Unity and AC Black Flag for $350. That also comes with a headset. If I could do it all over again, I'd pay the $50 more for the extra 500GB and Halo MC instead of the two AC games.

You should also still be able to find the 500GB model with AC Unity and AC Black Flag for $350. That also comes with a headset. If I could do it all over again, I'd pay the $50 more for the extra 500GB and Halo MC instead of the two AC games.

I've seen it.

But what I am not seeing is how a Limited Edition COD:AW skin is worth $270 because all else is somewhat equal between the bundles (assuming COD:AW vs Halo:MC retail is equal).

When the COD bundle came out, it was $450 I believe. Whoever is selling that jacked up the price probably due to scarcity. Same thing happened with the white Sunset Overdrive bundle.

When the COD bundle came out, it was $450 I believe. Whoever is selling that jacked up the price probably due to scarcity. Same thing happened with the white Sunset Overdrive bundle.

I think you have it. Have compared the bundle price on Amazon to the Xbox store and the prices match.

Whew! That was close. Almost thought I stumbled on a crazy deal.

Now I can relax and hold off until the Fallout 4 Xbox One bundle with the Limited Edition Bobblehead or Pip Boy is available at bargain price of $874. ;)

Just saw that Square is remaking Final Fantasy VII. A flood of childhood nostalgia is going to make me think nothing of dropping ~$500 for a PS4 and the game once it comes out.

Just saw that Square is remaking Final Fantasy VII. A flood of childhood nostalgia is going to make me think nothing of dropping ~$500 for a PS4 and the game once it comes out.

Childhood memories of playing that game for days on end ... only to have your little brother delete your memory card so he could put some dumb game on it. Never beat that game because it happened twice.

Still don't know how it ends.

I bought Outlast for about $1. Have no clue to what else I would want. I dont know games anymore. I only hear about the big ones.

Yeah, other than borderlands idk what else to get.

ima get a ps4 tomorrow though. Wife bought me a iWatch for my Bday and i dont really like it so gonna return and get a ps4 instead.

There are a lot of games announce that I want. Finally a good year for games. Cant wait to get my hands on Doom, Fallout 4, The Rare collection, Halo 5 and others.

I'll probably get the $40 destiny thing. More money sink into that game but looks like it is an actual expansion not just sh*t you pay to unlock when it is already on the disc

I've got mixed feelings on this one. The trailer looked absolutely beautiful and I admit I had some chills at the end, but I hope they stay (mostly) true to the original.

Agreed, I won't mind a few extra side quests here and there, but all they have to do to make it a massive success is stick to the original plot and materia system. I imagine that's what most people want anyway. The original is my absolute favorite video game ever. So many hours spent on it...

My current console is going on 10 years old and gets more use as a DVD payer right now than anything aside from the occasional GTA killing spree. I thought my gamer days were mostly behind me, but that trailer made me feel like a kid again.

I can see them making the battles more ""real time" or integrate them into the flow of the game. Perhaps where something jumps out at you while walking along (as opposed to how they used to do it where you'd have this fade from the world map to a battle field and then back again). Maybe they already do that with the newer FF games; I haven't played one in a while. I think that would be a good upgrade.

I believe they got rid of the turn based system a few games ago, but I'm not sure how they could keep the materia system and have you control all 3 characters at once.

Definitely not the expert on newer RPGs though.

any one play DayZ standalone on Steam?

If I had homies who played it, I might. I've been doing serious damage with the Summer Sale. Just picked up a 4-pack of Dino D-Day. Played a free weekend about a year ago, and it was freakin' hilarious.

Dishonored 1 was fun. Short, IMO, but fun.

Though was pretty re-playable and the Witches DLC was fantastic behind the scenes to the original story. Must have went through it 5 times and loved every run. So many different ways to do things.

Just watched the announcement trailer for 2 and ... well.... holy ****. Emily?

Can't believe they let that out of the gate first but Arkane may have a fair amount of surprises up their sleeves.

There is a certain "The Darkness" feel to her powers. Very curious to see what's up.

My son got me The Evil Within for Father's Day. Played a little of it the other day, I am waiting on a rainy day so I can binge like I did with Bioshock.

Loving ESO. Only thing keeping me relatively sane right now, aside from alcohol.
I guess the cheese stands alone.

I will probably do the same , I bought it on steam with the DLC after I beat it on Xbox.

I am holding off until August on getting an XBox One. My oldest will be 9 then. It'll make for a good gift and take some of the slack off me from the wife. Tempted to take advantage of the trade-in offer but leary that the emulator update won't live up to promise. Weighing out the risk vs $175 reward.

I am holding off until August on getting an XBox One. My oldest will be 9 then. It'll make for a good gift and take some of the slack off me from the wife. Tempted to take advantage of the trade-in offer but leary that the emulator update won't live up to promise. Weighing out the risk vs $175 reward.

My Xbox died finally, it was the first release 360. My wife said to just a one. When I discovered that u couldn't play my 360 games on it I just sold my games a a a lot on eBay and started playing on the pc, using a 360 controller. Another stupid move by MS is my opinion.

XBox One will be backward compatible very soon, they just announced it last week.
My PS4 arrives tomorrow with the new Batman game!

My Xbox died finally, it was the first release 360. My wife said to just a one. When I discovered that u couldn't play my 360 games on it I just sold my games a a a lot on eBay and started playing on the pc, using a 360 controller. Another stupid move by MS is my opinion.

In the beginning there were rumors that the One would be backward compatible but they soon backed off of that. I think they had a concept of how to make it work but had not begun development thus did not want to be held to false promise. 3 years later they have figured it out. It is purely a software version of an XBox 360 within the Xbox One. From what they have said, the only limitation to it is obtaining the software developers permission to allow 360 games to play on the emulator. They have also said that any downloaded versions of games will automatically populate to the emulator.

Fine you guys can ignore me, I'll just tell you all about the joy I've had while playing ESO even while having no friends:

I went to Cyrodiil yesterday. That's where you can PvP. I was running behind a group from my alliance that was going to siege one of the enemy keeps. We ran up over a hill and it was an unbelievable sight. A row of 15-20 trebuchets, catapults and ballista firing on a wall of the keep. Explosions, fire, arrows going everywhere. It was exciting. I waited on the hill, stealthed, picking off random mages with arrows as they tried to sabotage the siege. Then when the keep door was battered down, I charged past our war machines and up the stairs behind a group of friendly soldiers... where a cauldron of boiling oil was dumped on us. Instantly melting 10-12 people.

It was amazing. I can't wait to go back.

I have ESO on the One. I don't like it that much .Don't get me wrong it's alright. But it's not Skyrim, or Oblivion. Still a fun game mind you. But just not what I was initially hoping for when it was announced.

There's a Humble Bundle for the Borderlands games. Can spend like $6 and get them all. Debating on it. Enjoyed the first, but haven't tried the second yet. Generally I'm not big on single-player games though. (yes i know you can coop)

There's a Humble Bundle for the Borderlands games. Can spend like $6 and get them all. Debating on it. Enjoyed the first, but haven't tried the second yet. Generally I'm not big on single-player games though. (yes i know you can coop)

Borderlands 2 is the best, IMO. And is heavily reliant on COOP if you intend to beat all the Bosses (can be done solo but is annoyingly difficult).

I do not care for TPS. The moonbounce environment is too chaotic for me, and there is very little reprieve from cleared areas. They respawn way too quickly.

TF2 is a great game. Fun with friends.

I just got B:TPS on sale from Steam with all DLCs. Typical Borderlands game. I did really like the 2 one. I agree, co-op makes the bosses better. I wouldn't say easier because they do get harder with more people but not as frustrating.

I do agree with Gila. The few things I don't like in B:TPS is the jumping, the need for O2 and the respawn rate. Most of the time the jumping isn't bad but those few missions where you need to get to a higher location and you can't find the jump spot gets annoying. The need for O2 isn't too bad but it is just stupid. The respawn rate might be my biggest dislike in this game. They just put too many enemies in the game. One example that comes to mind is a side mission where you need to donate 50 common weapons in a box. As you can imagine you have to go back often. Every time I got back it takes over 5 minutes to kill all the enemies again. The first time I don't mind because it is a shooter. After that, I just want to be able to do the mission. Minor issue, it is annoying but I don't think it takes anything away from the game.

So far I think I like B2s maps better.

Back