Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. there was a sale for Playstation Plus members yesterday, offering ESO pre-order at a discounted price. I wanted a hard copy, decided standing in lines after work would suck, ended up downloading it last night. Knowing I now have the game downloaded and ready to play and am at work for the rest of the day, is so painful. Zombie-mode activated.

So.. there was a sale for Playstation Plus members yesterday, offering ESO pre-order at a discounted price. I wanted a hard copy, decided standing in lines after work would suck, ended up downloading it last night. Knowing I now have the game downloaded and ready to play and am at work for the rest of the day, is so painful. Zombie-mode activated.

Before the times of smart phones and tablets and what-not, my favorite restroom reading materials were game manuals.

For this reason, I can't download games. Must have hard copies.

For pooping.

Before the times of smart phones and tablets and what-not, my favorite restroom reading materials were game manuals.

For this reason, I can't download games. Must have hard copies.

For pooping.

Oh yeah... and as a kid when grandma bought you a game. Immediately rip it open in the car so you can stare at it on the way home, yelling at gram to "just drive!" when she asks you if you want to stop for an ice cream cone.

Oh, I sent a spare copy of Farm Simulator in the beermail you should get on Thursday so we can play together. We'll have the best farm ever!

Oh yeah... and as a kid when grandma bought you a game. Immediately rip it open in the car so you can stare at it on the way home, yelling at gram to "just drive!" when she asks you if you want to stop for an ice cream cone.

Oh, I sent a spare copy of Farm Simulator in the beermail you should get on Thursday so we can play together. We'll have the best farm ever!

Oh **** that. What's with engineers and Farm Simulator?

I had our CAD dude/engineer talk my ear off about that stupid game for nearly 20 mins.

Me: "So... you spent like 5 hours combining your fake farm on Saturday?"

Him: "Derp, yeah, it was oosome."

Me: "Cool. GTFO."

I had our CAD dude/engineer talk my ear off about that stupid game for nearly 20 mins.

He sounds cool. You sound jealous.

I don't actually know. Some guy here was talking about it, can't believe that's an actual thing. I grew up on a farm, I don't need to pretend.

If he's that bad, just fire the guy and hire me already. Dude I draw lines so fast, you'd wish I didn't draw lines so fast.

Big Steam sale starts June 11; hoping to pick up some games off my wishlist for pennies on the dollar.
Add me on steam if you want, same user name as here.

Also looking forward for E3 coverage of Fallout 4; Fallout has been my favorite gaming franchise since the original game came out while I was in High School in the late 90's.
I will buy up every bit of hype on this one. The new steam hardware and OS look interesting too; should give the traditional consoles a little competition.

I've been off work awaiting surgery for my knee and picked up Farm Simulator 15 for PS4. As a kid I loved tractors and all the farm life crap, even worked on a farm throughout school years. I have absolutely no idea why I like the game, but dammit if I can't put the controller down. I've never (ever) played online till this game, but a coop would work well for this game.
Patiently awaiting F1 2015 to be released as well.

Yeah, not looking forward to that part. I don't know if it's my XB1 in particular or all of them, but that thing is slow as balls at installing or downloading updates. I usually just get it started before bed and let it run overnight.

Mine should be done by now. I was out watering my landscaping and then eating dinner with the family. I'll check it in a little bit. I was at 96%. Took about an hour to get that far.

Once it was updated, it still took some time to get in. It would say login failed but if you kept trying, eventually it would load. I played maybe 60-90 minutes after character creation. Not bad so far. I just explored the town I started in so I haven't seen too much scenery yet. Lots of other players roaming around the same town.

ESO is fun. Things I hope happen by the time I can play more than an hour (this weekend):

- Easier to connect to NA server.
- Less connection issues.
- Other players have moved out of the starting areas a little, I don't like other players unless I can kill them.
- My friend learns to control himself a little, I'm too old and impatient to play "Save the Guy in Pajamas".

It does look amazing on PS4, controls feel solid. Just a lot of people in confined spaces right now. Also, with so many freaking people playing... how the hell did I score the name Ulf? :rockin:

ESO is fun. Things I hope happen by the time I can play more than an hour (this weekend):

- Easier to connect to NA server.
- Less connection issues.
- Other players have moved out of the starting areas a little, I don't like other players unless I can kill them.
- My friend learns to control himself a little, I'm too old and impatient to play "Save the Guy in Pajamas".

It does look amazing on PS4, controls feel solid. Just a lot of people in confined spaces right now. Also, with so many freaking people playing... how the hell did I score the name Ulf? :rockin:

I was part of the closed beta/stress testing and what not. It was fun. There were lots of connection problems, but then again they were stress testing the connection servers. The most annoying bits were when everyone was spawning in the starting location. I can imagine that the high latancy of everybody starting all at once will even out soon as all the early adopters get past the starting area.

Big Steam sale starts June 11; hoping to pick up some games off my wishlist for pennies on the dollar.
Add me on steam if you want, same user name as here.

**** yeah, Steam Summer Sale. Time to whittle down the wishlist. :rockin:

Xcom2. Didn't know I they were coming out with that I have to keep an eye out!!!! Wasteland 2 is a great TBRPG and so is Blackguards

Yeah i had no idea bout XCOM 2 until a week ago. I loved XCOM EU and The expansion EW.

Oh and my wallet is so ready for the steam sale. Day 1 of sale is today. will check out after work!

So, after having the chance to put some time into ESO on PS4... I'm at the same point I make it to in any game. Not having anyone to play with makes it monotonous real quick. If anyone here plays, hit me up.

TheCADJockey gave me D3 with my latest beer mail... I have since left my job due to lack of interest.

Turned down my wife for sex last night, told her just to go to bed so I could get a good hour in. Skeleton king had to die.

Things are on track here.

Hey all you guys, stop talking about games I don't play.

I demand friends!

dawson_crying.jpg

Do it. Dishonored 2 looks amazing. Need to play the 1st (Got it 360). Doom and fallout is a must. Cant wait for them to come out. Now the Microsoft press is today.

Dishonored 1 was fun. Short, IMO, but fun.

I would as well, if Dishonored 2 wasn't being released for the PC. I really enjoyed the first.

I am fairly certain my PC can handle Fallout and others. I've just never been fond of playing games at a pc. But, I've also never gone full bork with a large screen and console type controller on a PC.

Found a 1TB with Halo Master Chief bundle on Amazon for $399.00 and free shipping.

Trying really hard to some up with reasons not to order it, and so far I have none.

Dishonored 1 was fun. Short, IMO, but fun.

I am fairly certain my PC can handle Fallout and others. I've just never been fond of playing games at a pc. But, I've also never gone full bork with a large screen and console type controller on a PC.

Found a 1TB with Halo Master Chief bundle on Amazon for $399.00 and free shipping.

Trying really hard to some up with reasons not to order it, and so far I have none.

This is the the biggest/best reason NOT to play on a console, IMHO.

Mouse + keyboard is best controller ever.

This is the the biggest/best reason NOT to play on a console, IMHO.

Mouse + keyboard is best controller ever.

I was never fond of mouse+keyboard and fat fingered fumbling in the darkness. (Was the RPG mapped to F6 or F10?)

Always preferred the simplicity of a console style controller. But, I also like to play when the house is asleep, lights out, etc...

I was never fond of mouse+keyboard and fat fingered fumbling in the darkness. (Was the RPG mapped to F6 or F10?)

Always preferred the simplicity of a console style controller. But, I also like to play when the house is asleep, lights out, etc...

Same, but it becomes muscle memory after a bit.

FPS are awesome because I just click on your head and you're dead.

RPGs are awesome because I can have 100+ skills/items/what-have-you mapped to hot keys.

Going to console controllers just feels so clunky, but again, just my opinion.

I love console controllers. ESO is second nature after playing Skyrim for so long and it has a lot more things mapped. Although, I still suck in PVP. That will take a while getting used to against people that have been playing for so long.

For this thread especailly. Should we make a thread of Steam Usernames that way we can all have friends and can stop having to make ourselves look like below?

dawson_crying.jpg

So apparently the XB1 will be backward compatible with some 360 games (around 100) starting this holiday season. Uh....f@#$ yeah!

So long as you have the disc?

It is a good start, but still sucks if most of your XB360 content were downloads. Although, I am unclear exactly how this will implement. some say you have to have the disc. Others say the older games will appear automatically as if from your download history. However, the idea of being able to play older games on the newer console is a game changer for me in regard to respect for the XB1 so long as it actually works. there was a similar ability between the original Xbox and the 360 but it did not work so well even when it did work.

The mods feature is interesting too.

So apparently the XB1 will be backward compatible with some 360 games (around 100) starting this holiday season. Uh....f@#$ yeah!

Nice! I moved my 360 to the basement, but the GPU is a little sketchy and I don't think it has much life left in it. This would be a welcome change.

Anyone grab any good games from the steam sale?

I only bought borderlands pre-sequel with season pass for $25.

Back