Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it for my brother for his birthday last month on the XBone....I love it, there's a lot to get used to, but once you do it's amazing. I just wish I had a One so I could play it as well. (he lives about 8 hours away from me)

They released it on the 360 as well now. From what I've heard the only differences are frame rate and obviously graphics. I've probably got 10-14 hours in so far and I'm loving it.

They released it on the 360 as well now. From what I've heard the only differences are frame rate and obviously graphics. I've probably got 10-14 hours in so far and I'm loving it.

I'm a PS3er....But I'm planning to switch back to Xbox soon. But getting back into brewing pretty heavily may push that back some.

Titanfall is awesome. Playing it on PC. Been CoD free for 2 months now. ;)

I was really excited for it, but really disappointed when it came out. And never liked CoD more of a battlefield guy, when I am playing multiplayer, but usually I'm playing metal gear solid

I am back playing Planetary Annihilation on PC.
It is still in development but if you like TA and SupCom this is the game for you; RTS at its finest.
This game has a small but dedicated community who are driving the development of the game.
Balance changes are coming that will further drive competition and e-sport leagues are already popping up.

I am back playing Planetary Annihilation on PC.
It is still in development but if you like TA and SupCom this is the game for you; RTS at its finest.
This game has a small but dedicated community who are driving the development of the game.
Balance changes are coming that will further drive competition and e-sport leagues are already popping up.

If RTS is your thing keep an eye out for Grey Goo which is being made by a bunch of the guys that worked on Dune 2 and Command & Conquer.

I am keeping an eye out for it. I have the original Dune2 (first real RTS) and Command & Conquer but I never really liked these or any of their followups. Same with Warcraft/Starcraft; I don't like the limited resources on these games.
I love Total Annihilation; bought this one new when AOL was cool. Hoping that PA can do get to the same level, but it is not there yet.

Steam has 66% off the Star Wars 2014 collection, including games like KOTOR 1 and 2, Force Unleashed 1 and 2, Battlefront 2, and more

Any of you guys playing Titanfall on 360? Gamertag same as name here. No mic right now though. Also into sports games

Any of you guys playing Titanfall on 360? Gamertag same as name here. No mic right now though. Also into sports games

I play quite a bit, I'll send you an add. The rest of my week is looking pretty busy buy maybe this weekend / next week we can play.

I'm guessing you're either in or from the Pacific NW with a name like that.

I might not be able to this weekend but I'm sure we'll meet up on there sometime.

Yep, born and raised about 45 minutes southeast of seattle

Anyone here play Kerbal Space Program? For those of you that don't know, it is a rocket building simulator where you try to launch Kerbals(little alien guys) into space using different rockets and things. Once you get really good, you can build space stations and refueling stations to explore the solar system. It is an awesome game and a great one to play drunk!

This is my refueling station that I built to make interplanetary travel much easier! (the pic kinda sucks sorry)

20130731_160022_zpsd01413e4.jpg

Ever try Pixel junk Monsters? that was a fun tower game I thought..

Wow I thought I was the only one that played. Me and my buddy play co-op on ps3. We have beaten every level at 100% offline (we are doing it again because it is so fun). We also played online to rank and we were in the top 100 for most of the levels and top 50 on a handful.

I want to say I have played this game more than any other game on ps3. Best tower defense game by far. I want them to make new levels.

I havent really posted in this thread, but knew it was here.

I have to express the joy of beating dark souls to someone haha. My wife doesnt understand the frustration I just endured over the last couple weeks...

Cant wait to pick up dark souls 2 in a few months!

I havent really posted in this thread, but knew it was here.

I have to express the joy of beating dark souls to someone haha. My wife doesnt understand the frustration I just endured over the last couple weeks...

Cant wait to pick up dark souls 2 in a few months!

I think I know what you mean, Dark Souls is on my wish list. My friend introduced me to Demon's Souls a few weeks ago, we took turns dying and had a few beers. It's "Nintendo hard" and I love it! Immediately bought it and have been working away at it.

I think I know what you mean, Dark Souls is on my wish list. My friend introduced me to Demon's Souls a few weeks ago, we took turns dying and had a few beers. It's "Nintendo hard" and I love it! Immediately bought it and have been working away at it.

Cant decide which game I liked more. Demons souls was just awesome as well. I think I looked up help online too much for demons souls, which made it feel easier.

I forced myself to not look up help on dark souls...even after 10+ tries at some points lol. (Although I did hit two low points that I caved)

Ive also had a game/beer night with a buddy and demons souls. We got a bit buzzed and wagered a bet on who could get the furthest on one life from the very start. We bet a dark lord haha....glad I won.

Good luck finishing demons souls. You'll love dark souls. I need a break from the frustration, so Ill beat a few easier/quicker games before jumping on dark souls 2. Fallout new vegas is up next!

I need a break from the frustration, so Ill beat a few easier/quicker games before jumping on dark souls 2.

I know what you mean about frustration, there are times when I take a break to load up my N64 emulator. After almost beating a boss and dying on the first try, I loaded up Bomberman 64 and beat that during the next two days. Got that "reward" feeling that will give me some wind to go back to Demons Souls.

Wow, cant believe this hasnt been posted on since june!

I just got platinum in demons souls. I lent the game to a co-worker and he would tell me his daily progress. Every day I could not wait or him to beat it so I could play again lol. When I got the disc back, I told him I was gonna get platinum. He doubted me. Lol

Quite the achievement for myself! Very frustrating and lots of farming for stones. I can finally celebrate!

Ive never cared for the trophies. But for some reason felt like I needed to on this game.

I love the depth the trophies added to the games. I sucked at the first demon souls so I can only imagine how tough it was to get platinum. Congrats.

Things seem pretty quiet overall with video games. That 500 million budget Destiny game is already being sold at a discount. I really disliked the demo. I kinda like Titanfall, but it wasn't all that unique to warrant playing day in and out like CoD used to be years ago. I might not even buy the ps4.

Question for ps4 owners. Do you have to buy online subscription just to download demos and ps store games?

It has been quiet here lately. I've been awaiting Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3. I went ahead and just told my boss I wouldn't be in the entire week both of those release. Was approved for the first week. Was told hold off on the February week for witcher 3 until we know how busy we are going to be.

In the mean time, I went back to play W2 on nightmare mode. Wow getting though the 1st chapter was tough. Die, load, die, load. Repeat.

I haven't been playing much in the video game sector. Still playing my FIFA 12 as no other version of FIFA has captured my interest. Still playing Stick of Truth and Skyrim, I did recently get Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. It's been decent but I still don't really feel like anything has been added since the original game.

I've been in a long debate about a next gen console. I may punt it for another year and pickup a Wii U when Smash Bros comes out to play that and mario kart obsessively. the amount of nerdy excitement I have to play as Megaman is quite insane. I can't really pick between 360 and PS4, PS4 is so much better hardware wise and at the same price it's hard to pick against it. But I hate the playstation controller. I think after the big fatty, the XBox controllers have been the best in the biz. Wii U is the console I'm most excited about, but the gaming is weak. I love the Wii U game pad's potential, but it will probably never be reached.

I've been debating as well.... this is the first time since the mid 80ies that I haven't been an early adopter of a next gen console. Been on a 360 since it came out. Really like what the Live experience has developed into and I basically only play coop stuff these days. Still have quite a few A+ titles unplayed and on the shelf (im just too busy with kids, work, etc).

Due to the hardware specs, ability to upgrade your own hard drive and better exclusive titles I'll be picking up a PS4 at Christmas time.

In the meantime, I can't wait for the Borderlands Pre-Sequal to come out in a few weeks!

Been playing the crap out of Destiny on ps4. I've always been an xbox guy, but the PS4 is just the better system so that's the one I picked up first.

I've also really been enjoying seasonal play on Diablo 3 RoS.

I haven't decided if I"m going to pickup Borderlands pre-sequel at launch, but I'm sure eventually I'll add it.

Anyone here into BF4 or Fifa?

GTAV is coming to PS4/XboxOne as well. It would be fun to get an entire lobby filled with homebrewers!

The only game I have the time to play is Everquest. I played it quite a bit when it was just coming out back in 1999, but I stopped playing it in 2005 and took up Eve... Then had a kid and some free time went away.. Had another and even more went away.. Had one more and now I can't even get through a 30 minute TV program without multiple interruptions.

A little video gaming history... My dad used to bring home an Emerson suitcase computer from work on the weekends and when he was not using it, he allowed me to play some Space Invaders-esque game. So at age 11 I got myself a paper route and within a year I had saved enough money to buy a Commodore 64..1982 ish. Some of my favorites on that system were Jumpman Junior, MULE, Buck Rogers, Roadwar 2000, Zork, Questron, Pirates...

And then with the advent of the personal computer I bought a 100 mhz machine with a 14.4k modem, and I remember upgrading the computer to a 133 mhz processor and thinking "OMG this is so fast!" Back in those days I spent time playing Leisure Suit Larry, Diablo, Elder Scrolls, Mech Warrior, Sim City and Transport Tycoon..

But the game I sunk the most time into was Command & Conquer.. So much so that I was ranked in the Top 50 players worldwide on Case's Ladder. Around that time I started freelance writing, getting published on Gamestats and a few other early gaming websites. Not too long after that, MMORPGs started to come out and I was instantly hooked on Ultima Online. I got into the beta program for the game in 1994 and played non-stop until the Everquest beta in 1999. I'd gotten some more articles published , writing about the craziness that takes place in online games that span timezones and language barriers.

In the mid-2000s I got a little gig writing articles for Vault Network which allowed me to play just about every MMORPG before they were commercially available. Asheron's Call, Auto Assault, Shadowbane, Matrix Online, Eve Online, Earth & Beyond, City of Heroes... There were so many. Around 2005 I got a bit burned out on fantasy MMOs and took up space MMOs instead.. Eve was the game of choice. I played it with my eldest son on my lap.. Eve was cool in that you did not need your hands on a mouse all the time.. Many tasks were automated and it was not a death sentence to leave the PC for a bit. I could leave and come back to my ship just floating in space, right where I left it.

And then marriage happened.. And two more sons... And the free time completely evaporated. I'm not complaining, the priorities just shifted.

Nowadays the gaming is had by the two older sons.. The five year old plays a World War 2 fighter pilot game called War Thunder and the oldest son plays Call of Duty on the Playsation, Minecraft or War Thunder with his little brother. I'd heard that Everquest was still churning out expansions, and upon checking I found that the game was free to play now. By current standards the graphics are dated and the playerbase has matured so nearly everyone is at the end-game with very few slowly rising up through the levels.. But once or twice a week I get an hour hear or there to log in and relive the glory days.

I have been playing Fallout New Vegas a lot lately. Not near as fun, so far, as Fallout 3 or Skyrim. Picked up in a clearance bin a while ago and am just now getting into it. I also have Metro and BioShock to play with. Just haven't had time, and when the time is there I usually fire up Fallout since it is familiar.

I also BL Pre-Sequel on pre-order. Waiting for that to release. It's about the only game my son and I play together on XBox.

I was on a Commodore 64 back in the day but the Atari 2600 I scored for Christmas while in elementary school hooked me.

Crazy thing is those games are pretty awful and have not stood the test of time.... but early 80ies...**** I'd play Defender for 10 hours straight.

Sega Master System and Phantasy Star was my next true poison. I'm still in love that game and know every note of the music. I unfortunately skipped the NES as my hard earned kid cash was sunk into an SMS. Played it at friends houses but I never developed the hardcore following of the classic Nintendo franchises due to that.

PC gaming ate up more time in my life than any console ever could. I think it was around 1999 but Microsoft sent me a free copy of Asheron's Call. My god. Screw them... friken crack dealers. I played about 8 hours a day for months at a time. Almost kicked out of grad school because of it.... but what an amazing experience.

Now I just putz around on an XBOX. Prob a good thing

I finally got into skyrim. Lets just say the real world is officially dead to me. I only take brief breaks for trivial things like going to work and eating. My beer love is still much alive though

I finally got into skyrim. Lets just say the real world is officially dead to me. I only take brief breaks for trivial things like going to work and eating. My beer love is still much alive though

Skyrim rocks. My only regret was buying the regular edition instead of the legendary edition. If I'm keeping my XBox 360 for longer (like over a year) I may pick up the legendary edition.

Skyrim rocks. My only regret was buying the regular edition instead of the legendary edition. If I'm keeping my XBox 360 for longer (like over a year) I may pick up the legendary edition.

I'm not even sure which edition I have. Xbox live was having a deal where you could download it for $12 so I jumped on it. Best $12 ever spent in the history of ever. Now if only they'd come out with another red dead

I'm not even sure which edition I have. Xbox live was having a deal where you could download it for $12 so I jumped on it. Best $12 ever spent in the history of ever. Now if only they'd come out with another red dead

That's probably the original, legendaryincludes Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn extensions.

Back