Vets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, as a non-vet I hope you all forgive my ignorance, but are the deals at the Px really that good? I always pictured it more like a discount bodega or mini-mart (basically a place to buy groceries and paper products), but if you folks are buying tvs there than its more like a Wal-mart. Are the military courtesy rules relaxed a bit while you are shopping there, or do you spend half the time pushing a cart and half the time saluting.

These are the kinds of questions that preoccupy me.

1. You don't salute indoors. 2. It's more like a Target or Sears. A lot more pricey than a Walmart. The quality is not always higher, but the brand names are usually a higher level than you'd find at a Walmart or K-Mart and it's going to be tax free. I'm not really a fan of the PX myself and usually shop elsewhere. The Commissary is a different managing agency, (DECA) and they only handle groceries. Prices vary, I still avoid the place, though they generally have the ability to special order regional items that you may prefer that aren't readily available in your area.

I agree Chreamy when we got back from the mid-east we were given a two hour brief that was basically dont go home and kill your family and asking if you wanted any kinda of mental health. A few people that took the mental health got kicked out later for mental problems when all they had was a little PTSD. I like many still suffer a little PTSD I still dream about a little girl I saw that was all blown to **** after pickup up her ball on a land mine. However at this point in my life that's just one of my burdens to bear. I have talked to my wife and family about some of the f'ed up things we saw and that has helped. Maybe that's why I come off as a prick who knows.

Also we had the bx instead of the px and yeah they do kinda suck. I did like the commissary (especially in Alaska ) and the class six ( base liquor store)

PX and BX are the same thing. The only difference is one is on a Base and the other is on a Post. As for everything else, I'm just ashamed of myself for even getting involved in this thread.

mpride1911 said:
PX and BX are the same thing. The only difference is one is on a Base and the other is on a Post. As for everything else, I'm just ashamed of myself for even getting involved in this thread.

Yeah they are the exact same thing. Why disappointed?

mpride1911 said:
Because from your last post about the girl and the mine that you're making up all of this stuff up for a reaction.

Fair enough I have nothing to gain by making stuff up. If you look at previous posts I rarely start a new thread especially on drmm ( except the silly one about yooper) I tried to keep things very light hearted and didn't go that way. Sorry again if I have offended anyone and we all can just drop the subject and maybe have this be a fun thread about vets instead.

I think this thread has gone awry. It's obvious to me that your intent and your projection were two different things. If I am not mistaken, the intent was more like "aren't you just proud as all hell to be a vet like I am?"

Much like my "hey parents" thread, I think the issue here was your wording (and your audience) wasnt thought through... thus the snowball effect.

I can agree with that I think this thread went very wrong very fast but no worries I am not mad at anyone here and still love hbt

This is like a level 20 trolling. Congrats. What did you do in the Air Force, anyhow? Did you actually deploy? What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

How about this for trolling- 99% of airmen should get jack for benefits till they see actual combat. Discuss.

(Don't worry, I'll retract my statement and reverse myself later.)

This is like a level 20 trolling. Congrats. What did you do in the Air Force, anyhow? Did you actually deploy? What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

How about this for trolling- 99% of airmen should get jack for benefits till they see actual combat. Discuss.

(Don't worry, I'll retract my statement and reverse myself later.)

I know what branch you are in :mug:

In real life, right about now is when I would cut the loudest fart I would muster... y'know, to break the tension.

CreamyGoodness said:
In real life, right about now is when I would cut the loudest fart I would muster... y'know, to break the tension.

A silent but deadly one would be better. So we could all look around and secretly blame each other.

Back