Veterans FFB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhhh.... there's nothing quite like watching your favorite team embarrass themselves for the first half of the game and dig a hole they can't get out of.

Or, getting your ass smoked in both of your fantasy leagues.

Or, having your QB rack up some negative points and then sit out the second half with a concussion.

@&^%

by the way... I wasn't tuned in while all of the league set-up stuff was happening, but why are our benches so deep? 7 bench slots?

After all the whining and bitching that went on last year about points, roster spots, blah blah blah... It was finally where everyone was happy (last year), so I kept the exact settings for this year.

We still need to address the playoffs. 8 teams in the playoffs in a 10 team league seems silly to me, but majority rules.

After all the whining and bitching that went on last year about points, roster spots, blah blah blah... It was finally where everyone was happy (last year), so I kept the exact settings for this year.
Sorry! I didn't mean to come off as bitching and whining. My apologies (I wasn't in this league last year.)

We still need to address the playoffs. 8 teams in the playoffs in a 10 team league seems silly to me, but majority rules.

I agree that 8 teams is too many. 4 teams with a 2 week playoff is find with me. Or 6 teams with a 3-week playoff and the top two getting a bye (like bird suggested) is fine with me.

I'm cool with either of those decisions.

Sorry! I didn't mean to come off as bitching and whining. My apologies (I wasn't in this league last year.)

Oh, I know you weren't in it last year.. :D

I agree that 8 teams is too many. 4 teams with a 2 week playoff is find with me. Or 6 teams with a 3-week playoff and the top two getting a bye (like bird suggested) is fine with me.

I'm cool with either of those decisions.

I changed the playoffs to 6 teams in weeks 14, 15 and 16. We've usually avoided week 17 playoffs in the past due to teams sitting star players. The league is trying to curb that this year by having all week 17 games be division games, but I still think it's probably the best way to do it.

who is the manager for Drinkin Dawgz?

You're about to go into the second week and you still don't have a full team on the field.

Yup... and last week you had Michael Bush in your lineup, and I believe he was out for the game.

Didn't really matter... you still kicked my butt last week, even though you were short a couple of people :D

cheers folks... the beer is starting to flow. grilling bratwurst and knockwurst. frying potato pancakes.
santa_maria.jpg

It's ON!

cheers folks... the beer is starting to flow. grilling bratwurst and knockwurst. frying potato pancakes.
santa_maria.jpg

It's ON!

Think I can get to your place by 4pm? Please say yes, because I was tricked into going to a 4 year old's birthday party that starts at, you guessed it, 4pm.

The REAL games don't start until 4:15 today.

Who are the Bungles losing to this week? Baltimore?

careful what you say, bird. I still need to bottle up three beers that you and/or your wife will consume. think of all the possibilities for what I could put in those bottles along with the beer....

I'm writing my review now...

"Aroma seems to indicate that he sanitized the bottles by inserting them into his anus, which knowing Walker is probably a good bet."

New topic; anyone else watching "The League" on FX? That show's awesome; five guys in a fantasy league. Just funny as hell. Couple episodes are on Hulu.

Here's my proposal.

Erik's got until tomorrow to pay up; otherwise, we all force Yooper to take over his team. Hell, I wouldn't even care if YOU paid up (I sure as hell wouldn't pay $25 for that team!)

I was getting nervous at the end of last night's game with my barely over 6 point lead, Chicago near the goal and Forte on riverfront's roster.

But, I reviewed the scoring set-up for our leage and realized that even if he drove it into the endzone, I was still going to win by about 0.15 points.

A little too close....

I say they each should have to give their top player to the newest guy in the league.
:D

These are the "paid" people.

Bearcat Brewmeister
Marubozo
Boston
Ohiobrewtus
the_bird
Walker
JonnyO
Schweaty

By my count, you have just TWO that haven't paid up.

By the way, I'm not playing this year, so I can't "see" what's going on. Aside from some blabbering from Walker and Bird, I don't have any idea what's going on. Can someone give us an idea of who's in first?

That would be me ;)

Of course, I've been lucky; my opponents have scored the second-fewest points all season, and I've only scored the fourth-most. Pretty happy with my whole team though, other than DeAngelo Freakin' Williams (when did that dude turn into a bust?)

Brandon's Spike is in first (That's you Bird, I take it).

We then have a five way tie for second (which I know that Walker and I are in there. The rest, I have no idea who they are.)

These are the "paid" people.

Bearcat Brewmeister
Marubozo
Boston
Ohiobrewtus
the_bird
Walker
JonnyO
Schweaty

By my count, you have just one more that hasn't paid up.

By the way, I'm not playing this year, so I can't "see" what's going on. Aside from some blabbering from Walker and Bird, I don't have any idea what's going on. Can someone give us an idea of who's in first?

I say pay by week 6, or I lock their team.

I'm bringing up the rear.

You know what's sad, is I'm in 5 leagues this year and 3 of them are money leagues and 2 are just for fun. In all of the paid leagues I'm in last or second to last place and in the fun leagues I'm dominating and in first or second. :mad:

Is there a booby prize for "worst trade decision of the week"?

Like, you know... giving up Brandon Marshall in order to get Michael Vick?

Boston deserves a prize for last week, too. Dropped Shown Greene before the Buffalo game, and HAD the Giants D, but kept it on the bench against Cutler and the Bears.

Sure looked like Cutler got his concussion in pregame, didn't it?

Oh, I've had negative points from a QB before. Pretty sure one year sacks cost us two points each, I know I've had a double-digit loss from the QB position before.

Losing Moss to the Vikings SUCKS.

But.

Now, Aaron Hernandez = Marques Colston from *his* rookie year - a guy that's basically playing as a #1 or #2 wide receiver but still gets credited by Yahoo! as a tight end.

Latest posts

Back