Very sad...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshuler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a craigslist post for a Sanyo kegerator for $125. Was stainless, looked good. I called the guy and it was still available. Said I was interested, but wanted to lok it up first so I could see if it fit to Corny Kegs. MOdel was BC-1207s. Looked it up and called. No answer. Called again. No answer. Called about 45 minutes later and he picked up. Not available anymore.

OUCH. Best deal I have ever seen on a kegerator. So sad. I am probably going to pay more than that on a fridge that i will have to convert myself.

Klaus

Just saw a craigslist post for a Sanyo kegerator for $125. Was stainless, looked good. I called the guy and it was still available. Said I was interested, but wanted to lok it up first so I could see if it fit to Corny Kegs. MOdel was BC-1207s. Looked it up and called. No answer. Called again. No answer. Called about 45 minutes later and he picked up. Not available anymore.

OUCH. Best deal I have ever seen on a kegerator. So sad. I am probably going to pay more than that on a fridge that i will have to convert myself.

Klaus

A better deal on a bigger fridge/freezer will come along...just bide you time...
:mug::mug::mug::mug:

I occasionally see pretty good deals on converted fridges on craigslist. They usually aren't too pretty, but they are usually cheap.

I had a friend give me one when she was moving. That really made my build a lot cheaper. I am looking for a freezer now so I can better control my fermentation temps.

CraigsList giveth and CraigsList taketh away.

If you want to score amazing deals you have to be prepared to act on them right away. You have to do your homework ahead of time and be ready for it.

Another one will show up. It's just a matter of time.

I bought three kegerators on CL last year. Most I paid was around $100. Least I paid was $35. Two work fine, one I bought for the CO2 tank, tower, etc.

I found a free one on CL sent an email, got a reply "when can you come and get it?" I emailed them back and never heard another word from them.

Just an fyi, if it's a commercially made kegerator, it's made to fit 1/2 barrels in it, two cornies will fit easily.

Update-

Someone from about an hour away was selling a Haier Kegerator in working condition (keeps cold, pristine interior, some scratches on the exterior surface) for $25. It did NOT come with the tower assembly, which he scavenged for a different kegerator. Just picked it up. Decent price, I think. I already have a tower and was planning on taking the one off anyway. The only problem is that the top of the kegerator is also missing-- instead of a nice black top I have insulation covered by a vapor barrier. I THINK I have found a place that can supply the top, but am not 100% sure, and it costs around 60 bucks.

What I was thinking though, is maybe I could do a custom tile top. I think I remember seeing a thread on here about someone that made a tile top on top of his kegerator and it was GORGEOUS. Anybody remember who posted this? I have been looking for a while for the link on how he (whoever it was) built it, but can't find it. Would love to duplicate it.

Klaus

Back