Vacation to Seaside Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanofShiz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where to post, mods feel free to move.

I will be visiting the Seaside Oregon area the week of July 17. If anyone in that area is brewing and would like an assistant brewer for the day please DM me. I live in an area with a small amount of homebrewers. The ones who do have their own thing going, or are just enjoying doing it solo. I have been brewing since 2017. I would love to learn and see how others are enjoying the hobby. Maybe we can learn a thing or two from one another.

For those who have visited the area. What are some things that you enjoyed doing? I am an avid mountain biker but do not plan on taking my bike. I love all things outdoors especially while enjoying some good beers. Oh and I love to eat.

Where are you coming from?? Cannon Beach is nice and Bills Tavern makes good beer and Astoria is not far up the road and there is some good beer there...Ft George and Buoy Beer Company.

It’s been a couple years, but we mostly hang out at the beaches and drive to lighthouses.

My cousin used to live in the area. I’d meet him at Seaside Brewery.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Cannon beach is for sure on the list. We plan to spend at least a day in Astoria or more. We are actually staying Warrenton so between Astoria and Seaside. I can us spending more time in once place or split time. The Wife and I love to hit any brewery we can. We are pretty relaxed vacationers we love to just walk around or ride bikes to explore any cities. We are coming from a small town in northern Utah.

My wife and I are going to Cannon Beach, Newport and Astoria that same week.

We do Astoria a couple times a year as we have several friends who have moved there (we're about an hour north of Seattle). Fort George is great. Obelisk had just opened last time we went and had great beer - including a couple cask options. Breakside just opened a new taproom there but haven't been yet. Our favorite hang there is Bridge and Tunnel bottle shop just across the street from Fort George.

If you're into wild/sour beer it's worth the drive south to Tillamook to check out de Garde. Another half hour south and there's Pelican Brewing in Pacific City. Great beer, solid food and a beautiful location/view.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

:mug:

Latest posts

Back