V-8 Splash WIne

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graffij1

Reaction score
Has anybody tried fermenting V-8 Splash, into a wine? Thinking of trying this, using 5 gallons and 2 pounds of corn sugar...I wanted to post here to see if anybody had any suggestions...this is my first try at an experiment

I did Tropicana apple juice it was like a really good moscato. 1 cup sugar for every 2L used Belgian wit yeast

Has anybody tried fermenting V-8 Splash, into a wine? Thinking of trying this, using 5 gallons and 2 pounds of corn sugar...I wanted to post here to see if anybody had any suggestions...this is my first try at an experiment

As an experiment, you might consider doing a 1 gallon batch instead of a full 5 gallons. The idea being to spend less money just incase you don't like the results. If you do like the results, you can always reproduce them later with a full 5 gallon batch.
Regards, GF.

Not sure if this will help but I simmered down 2 different V-8 infusions to use in skeeter pee.

At the final racking there was a lot of sediment from the V-8. We did not care for either one and poured them down the drain. Thankfully it was only 1/2 gallons of each.

Other juices we tried were superb in taste, especially the cranberry/black cherry.

2 pounds of sugar on a 5 gallon batch seems really low it might not have very much alcohol in it.

Edworts relies on sugar in the apple juice as well. I don't think that Edworts has a high ABV compared to wines.(<<may be wrong) That is why Honda said your recipe wouldn't have much alcohol content in it.

Just an update. I used five gallons of juice and four pounds of corn sugar and pitched ec-1118.

Latest posts

Back