Tx/SC Homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetman150

Reaction score
Hey Guys, ive lurked for a little while, brewed a few beers, decided I would introduce myself.

I pretty much stick to a 5 gallon batch, and single stage ferment for 2-3 weeks in a 7 gallon Carboy. Nothing fancy at the moment, Im just trying to figure out how to get consistency in the most economical and efficient way possible.
I just recently picked up a 10 gallon cooler, and mash in a bag.
I just got into all grain brewing. Got tired of the extract "tang".
My next project will be to build a fermentation temp controller (Think deep freezer modified) of some type, so that I may brew year round.

Ive got a brew in the garage that I will bottle this week, that I made pretty puch with just Pale Malt and a pound of crystal, and some Equinox Hops. Im planning a trip to the brew store soon for another batch for a "Christmas Altbier". (Im thinking just some munich and Vienna malt, and SMASH with some Spalt )

im in Rock Hill, SC, transplanted from Dallas, Tx. I really enjoy that there is a craft brew revolution going on the Carolinas now, and there are tons of breweries with some really great products out there.
There is a lack of brew stores around here though..

Back