• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Two Sanke Sixtel kegs - free to a good home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegodphx

Reaction score
I have two kegs that are from a craft brew bar that went bankrupt. No way to return them. Free to a good home. One still has some product in it so will need to be cleaned well.

Mesa, AZ around Power and McDowell

IMG_7555.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to HBT!

[EDIT] FWIW, these are NOT Torpedo kegs, they look like Sanke "sixtels" (commercial kegs), 1/6 of a barrel (5.2 gallons / 20 liters).

They could be "slim quarter kegs," although those typically have ridges in the middle.
Have you measured their diameter?
If they're 9 1/4" diameter, they're sixtels, holding 5 gallons.
If they're 11 1/8" diameter they're (slim) quarter barrels holding 7.5 gallons.

I've edited the thread title accordingly.

Also, it would help if you list your general location (city/state).

IslandLizard,
HBT Moderator

I would totally take those but am not near you. These are about $108 new on Amazon, so you could probably sell easily on eBay but would have to deal with packing and shipping but I bet they would sell easy with buyer paying shipping.

I would totally take those but am not near you. These are about $108 new on Amazon, so you could probably sell easily on eBay but would have to deal with packing and shipping but I bet they would sell easy with buyer paying shipping.
Thanks for the tip. I ws just hoping to help someone out here as i do not have any deposits on them Not looking to make money.

Where are you located? I am going to be out in Glendale tomorrow morning if you are close to there.

Thanks for the tip. I ws just hoping to help someone out here as i do not have any deposits on them Not looking to make money.

Where are you located? I am going to be out in Glendale tomorrow morning if you are close to there.
Thanks. Nope - I am in Texas - East Texas at that! I'm probably 1,000 miles or so away!

The blue keg is a Pub Keg and has a plastic inner vessel and can be disassembled easily
The MicroStar is a lease keg and many breweries use them.
One of you local breweries might use them and be willing to swap the keg for some beer.

Back