Two day brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pillsburyjoboy

Reaction score
Is it possible to mash and sparge one day and brew the following day? I would love to break it up so I can brew more on week nights but I fear infection. Any suggestions?

Would refrigerating the wort help?

Many thanks,
Pills

If you did so it would be best to refrigerate the wort. If it's only 24 hours you shouldn't have any issues but... Who knows?

I have waited that long to pitch but I boil ASAP on brew day.

If you want to shorten your brew day try batch sparging and no-chill cooling your wort. 3 hour brew day! It lets you split up "brewing" and sanitizing/pitching.

You can find posts about overnight mashing where people report no issues. However, the mash is in an insulated container and stays fairly hot for most of that time, so risk of souring is minimal. If you were to vorlauf, lauter, and sparge, then allow the wort to cool overnight, you could have other issues. Would overnight mashing be a way to break up your brew day enough?

Back