Triple batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbw

Reaction score
Getting my new brew kettle in order. 15.5 gallon converted keg. I'm thinking I can do triple batches of the usual batches I do in the 5 gallon pot. Total volume would be about 9-10 gallons. Anyone just double or triple their batches? Anything to look out for? :mug:

Robbw said:
Getting my new brew kettle in order. 15.5 gallon converted keg. I'm thinking I can do triple batches of the usual batches I do in the 5 gallon pot. Total volume would be about 9-10 gallons. Anyone just double or triple their batches? Anything to look out for? :mug:
I haven't finished converting my half-barrel kegs for the brew stand yet, so I don't have experience backing this up, but isn't part of the reason for a big kettle the ability to do full boils? I've been doing partials with my 6 gallon pot and topping up the carboy and I'm anxious to do the whole thing in the pot.

I s'pose you could do a triple-partial...

Back