Traveling to Buffalo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn0522

Reaction score
I will be traveling to buffalo Wed 4/4 - Sat 4/7. What breweries should i go to? Love all styles but IPA, PA, Sours, would be at the top of the list. Also will i be able to find any of the great NEIPAs in buffalo's beer stores?

No NEIPAs like TH or Trillium. But I would check out Resurgance and Community Beer Works There are some distilleries in the city if you want to check them out too.

Well Thin Man Brewery on Elmwood just released Funky Flow a collab with Mikkeller, definitely recommend checking out them bc they are the closest thing we have to NEIPAs. Bliss and most of the other IPAs are solid and sometimes have sours on tap like Minkey Boodle. Good food too.

I also recommend Big Ditch Brewing downtown, they have quite a few solid offerings and if you're feeling ambitious it's easy to go to these guys and check out Community Beer Works or Resurgence afterwards too.

There are lesser visited breweries, but those are my top 4 and they all do Crowlers to go besides big ditch which does Growlers.

You can find good NE IPAs but depends on timing, down in the south towns (East Aurora) Aurora Brew Works is having an Other Half share soon don't think this week.. But they carry a wide selections.

Other than that other bottle shops to check out would be down on Hertle and Elmwood would be Village Beer Merchant and up in Amherst I would recommend Premier Gourmet on Maple Rd. You can find a variety of schtuff especially at Premier.

I forgot about Big Ditch +1. Their Lock Series is good and their flagship Hayburner is one of my local go to’s

I have a keg on tap at home of hayburner, unfortunately lock series is gone at the brewery but loved all of them.

Deep cut is insane this last batch. But thin man holds a special place in my heart

Thanks for the feedback all! Hope to start hitting some of these places tomorrow. Landed around 430 today with windgust over 60mph. I need some beer!

20180406_183513.jpg

Cheers to that brother!!

Hi everyone! I'll be visiting Buffalo in a couple weeks. Is there any brewerys that are a must visit? I like all beer styles but I'm definitely a hop head whether they're fruity and juicy or dank and piney. Any feedback would be much appreciated. 🍻

Back