Trade Warning: Recapped/Rewaxed Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this guy. He's been to my house for a bottle share. He is a very, very, strange dude. In fact when I was telling my wife about this last night she said "You mean the weird guy that brought the guacamole?" The guac was real, and pretty tasty. He brought a Mornin' Delight that time, also real. This is the guy that had to bolt the night we shared Izzy, og DDG, and a few other goodies, so he could get KBS when it released that night. The rest of us just bought cases the next day like normal dudes would.

The last time I saw him was at Zwanze Day. The IA Hawks were playing and it was on at the bar. The won, Herb jumps on the table, and tries to get the crowd to join him in singing "In Heaven There Is No Beer". It failed after about 1 second.

Going back to MrVonzipper's original story in this thread, Herb sent me a complicated email detailing VonZipper's plan to resell all the beer traded to him. While this could certainly be the case, who gives a ****? It was really odd to say the least.

Needless to say, I doubt I ever see the dude again.
Hahahahaha. Wait. What did he say about me?? He said I was planning to sell and the beer He traded me???

This just gets better and better! Please explain because I would Love to hear more things I supposedly said.

I had a trade setup with this guy under his "JohnDunbar" username. Awful experience, but I won't go into it.

...I really just wanted to drop this here:
ICxTJrj.png

He wrote this to nominate himself for a LIF from one of his secondary accounts. What a ****in' sociopath dirt bag!

Link
The last time I saw him was at Zwanze Day. The IA Hawks were playing and it was on at the bar. The won, Herb jumps on the table, and tries to get the crowd to join him in singing "In Heaven There Is No Beer". It failed after about 1 second.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no ****ing way

I had a trade setup with this guy under his "JohnDunbar" username. Awful experience, but I won't go into it.

ICxTJrj.png

He wrote this to nominate himself for a LIF from one of his secondary accounts. What a ****in' sociopath dirt bag!

Link
Amazing. I take it back. I hope this awful human being, pathological liar, theif, degenerate and sociopath loses his ****ing job because of all the **** and drama he has put on himself. He has nothing to offer this world.

Hahahahaha. Wait. What did he say about me?? He said I was planning to sell and the beer He traded me???

This just gets better and better! Please explain because I would Love to hear more things I supposedly said.

I don't have the email anymore. Basically he claimed there was a "Ring" of guys trading for various beers and then selling them. The gist of it was trade low, sell high.

In no way should this be construed as legal advise.

I would move away from any and all possible personal attacks. I could easily see a person in this guys position securing a lawyer, especially if his career is affected. At that point, any lawyer would explore all avenues for his client, including deflecting blame to individuals whose harassment led to his termination. And those types of crimes are prosecuted much more frequently than those involving beer fraud.
And where's the proof that he did anything illegal? Can anyone actually prove the fraud? "Oh um, it tastes wrong and he seems shady" won't hold up.

ICxTJrj.png

Link
lol at jebsinger AKA jeblikesbeer likes

And where's the proof that he did anything illegal? Can anyone actually prove the fraud? "Oh um, it tastes wrong and he seems shady" won't hold up.
The maker of the product themselves (TG). They have expertise to know that those bottles were previously opened, refilled, recapped, and rewaxed. But then again, I don't know how you can prove who in fact did this.

I don't have the email anymore. Basically he claimed there was a "Ring" of guys trading for various beers and then selling them. The gist of it was trade low, sell high.
That's incredible. And of course he had no proof right? ....because that didn't happen. I've heard from a handful of people that have met him, and everyone has said the same thing, that he is indeed a Very Weird dude. Like I told him, because our conversation was weird as ****, he needs ****ing help. That's the kind of dude that kills other gay guys, cuts them up and eats their biceps. I hope he forgot where you live!

I drink way too much and am way too poor to suggest his claims. Besides I despise people that are in this hobby for any type of profit. The only beer I've ever sold was beer I had been sitting on and decided that was the only way I'd be able to afford a new putter. Check the ITT Golf thread.

ICxTJrj.png

Link
match1112 I hope that was a sarcastic like

That's incredible. And of course he had no proof right? ....because that didn't happen. I've heard from a handful of people that have met him, and everyone has said the same thing, that he is indeed a Very Weird dude. Like I told him, because our conversation was weird as ****, he needs ****ing help. That's the kind of dude that kills other gay guys, cuts them up and eats their biceps. I hope he forgot where you live!

I drink way too much and am way too poor to suggest his claims. Besides I despise people that are in this hobby for any type of profit. The only beer I've ever sold was beer I had been sitting on and decided that was the only way I'd be able to afford a new putter. Check the ITT Golf thread.
Don't you have a wetsuit for sale?

I've met the guy at a tasting three years ago maybe, and at the original KBBS release, and indeed he is a VERY weird dude.

The creep vibe is heavy with this guy.

I've met the guy at a tasting three years ago maybe, and at the original KBBS release, and indeed he is a VERY weird dude.

The creep vibe is heavy with this guy.
I heard from several people he was at the first KBBS release going around telling everyone to rate it a 5 on BA.

This is the guy that had to bolt the night we shared Izzy, og DDG, and a few other goodies, so he could get KBS when it released that night. The rest of us just bought cases the next day like normal dudes would.

I wonder was he thinking "crap! i need to score these KBS bottles so i can swap the sweet nectar and dupe people with it! mwahahaha!"

I heard from several people he was at the first KBBS release going around telling everyone to rate it a 5 on BA.
Saw him or who I thought was him under the tent late afternoon at DLD two years ago. He gave me a pour of Mornin' D and said not to go online and rate it if I didn't like it. Of course it was incredibly good. I appreciated his sharing, but I was thinking "What a mutant?!" in a crowd full of mutants.

Saw him or who I thought was him under the tent late after at DLD two years ago. He gave me a pour of Mornin' D and said not to go online and rate it if I didn't like it. I appreciated his sharing, but I was thinking "What a mutant?!" in a crowd full of mutants.
Yea dude. You were one of the people I was talking about. You told me that.

The only thing in the beer world I have ever seen that is anywhere near as creepy as this whole mess is when mikesgroove used to have " All I really need in this world is a friend to drink with" on his old BA profile page. Pathetic.
That officially makes you a veteran.

If this ****ing dickbag's work addresses him with any of the red flags that might have been addressed. I'd ****ing pay to hear the lies he comes up with to defend the Mutiple rate my professor reviews and (supposed) phone calls.

I guess my point is that imagine how BA is now, then imagine THAT with no mods. The potential downside of self-policing.
At the point of the shiftiest BA has become. Theres no way that'd work out and Joro and his *****ey followers would vote him Commissioner of the Brute Squad.

It'd be Lord of the Flies meets Woodstock 99 meets Mad Max
Whoa.....

Notes...
Did you know the #2 bad guy in Iron Man 3 is Simon from Lord of the Flies
Have you seen the new Mad Max trailer?! (I just saw today)
There was a Woodstock '99?!? Dafuq. I remember like '94 or whatever year it was with the NIN and Green Day mud slinging ****, etc. But '99???

I know this guy. He's been to my house for a bottle share. He is a very, very, strange dude. In fact when I was telling my wife about this last night she said "You mean the weird guy that brought the guacamole?" The guac was real, and pretty tasty. He brought a Mornin' Delight that time, also real. This is the guy that had to bolt the night we shared Izzy, og DDG, and a few other goodies, so he could get KBS when it released that night. The rest of us just bought cases the next day like normal dudes would.

Going back to MrVonzipper's original story in this thread, Herb sent me a complicated email detailing VonZipper's plan to resell all the beer traded to him. While this could certainly be the case, who gives a ****? It was really odd to say the least.

Needless to say, I doubt I ever see the dude again.

Haha that was him? That was embarrassingly awesome.

Whoa.....

Notes...
Did you know the #2 bad guy in Iron Man 3 is Simon from Lord of the Flies
Have you seen the new Mad Max trailer?! (I just saw today)
There was a Woodstock '99?!? Dafuq. I remember like '94 or whatever year it was with the NIN and Green Day mud slinging ****, etc. But '99???
Wasn't 99 the limp bizkit flaming porta potty year?

Watching this and the other related threads unfold has been one of the most entertaining things I've ever read on beer forums. Really shitty about the people who got screwed over by this guy, but I now understand why people watch TMZ and **** like that. The scandal, the drama, the memes. Top notch stuff..

Even JEG isn't nearly this bad!
He dosnt like hugs for some reason.... Jeg that is. powz87 trys just about every fest you can tell how drunk dusty is Based on this.

mid level drunk? Tries to hug JEG
Gettin there? Off with the shirt
Blackout? Asleep in the corner like/cuddling with backfat

He dosnt like hugs for some reason.... Jeg that is. powz87 trys just about every fest you can tell how drunk dusty is Based on this.

mid level drunk? Tries to hug JEG
Gettin there? Off with the shirt
Blackout? Asleep in the corner like/cuddling with backfat
I cannot wait until the day comes that I get to hug powz87. It will be glorious!!!!

Back