Trade Warning: Recapped/Rewaxed Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrVonzipper

Reaction score
Mod edit:
MrVonzipper warned us about this guy months ago, but unfortunately through a series of additional accounts across various channels he was able to scam a whole lot more people leading up to his identification in 12/2014. If you're an active trader, please do yourself a favor and familiarize yourself with the person described here to avoid becoming a victim.

Original post:

The dude has some serious ****ing mental issues and is a complete liar. Careful. Just don't want anyone to get burned.

Heres some info of the situation on how he lied his way out if a trade with another BA and then was a dick about being caught in the lie.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/beertraderisoft/permalink/421042728012187/

I made a Trader Beware post about him. It got deleted. He then in retaliation created thread lying about how I screwed him in a trade and was a bad guy.

Now he's trying to clear his name, after seeing how many people had nothing good to say about him in my thread yesterday, in Mordormongo's thread that he kindly made for me so I could get needed info for people and trades. In doing so he's lying again saying that I said horrible things to him privately, of course. No proof. Well here's the proof and the extent if what I said to him, because he clearly has issues and is a pathological liar.

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/842/cjzi.jpg/

I don't know if the dude is on here. If so I'm sure he is under another or troll account. I just wanted to make you guys aware to prevent anyone from getting burned. It's sad. 99% of the people I have come across in the beer community are amazingly great people. It's unfortunate people like this have and continue to hurt the beer/trading community. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Care to post the Facebook stuff? I'm not at allowed to use it...

It's a post made by zipper:
"BA Trader Beware: Edwardfortyhands!!!
Just want to give a heads up to people on BA about a shady and lying who I've heard a lot of bad/lame things about.

People have told me that at DLD he was sharing some TG stuff and telling everyone "if they had anything negative to say, please don't review it." Lame!

I guy I had a trade set up with had a trade set up with and finalized with Edwardfortyhands Then he was sent a message message saying that he had a family emergency and for an indefinite time of a minimum of weeks wouldn't be around BA. Basically saying he wasn't going to be able to make the trade.

The next morning I posted and ISO:FT with for my BAVDL. Edwardfortyhands was one of the first people to hit me up and we talked for a bit throughout the day. He mentioned he had many Mornin' Delights which is what the guy I had a trade set up with was getting from him. So not knowing this was the same guy, I passed along this info to my guy who needed a new trader for these beers, which is when we discovered that Edwardfortyhands had made up this ******** tragic story to get out of a trade.

When my guy asked him about it and if the story was true Edwardfortyhands said, "I say a lot of things when I'm drunk. Move on!"

So then after hearing all that I post a Trader Beware post on BA, where a handful of people had nothing good to say about the guy. I was up this morning to my post being deleted and a retaliation post from Edwardfortyhands, "Trader Beware: MrVonzipper." Where he lied and said I screwed him in a trade. Yesterday was the first time we ever talked LOL.

I've heard a bunch of other bad stories about this idiot, but this post is already long enough. Just looking out for all y'all. Don't want anyone to get burned. Cheers!"

and the comments are cancer, so don't worry about that

Well I knew you were good_trader, I just always thought you were both.

Wouldn't that have been the ultimate mind-****?

Nope, not me though. I guess that's actually even more mind blowing, apparently.

tumblr_lt2njjlp9A1qzhhtgo1_250.gif

I have realized over the last week or so that So Many of you need to get a mother****ing girlfriend, wife or at least pay them a little attention. Cuz Holy **** y'all niggas have WAY TOO much time on your hands to have multiple troll accounts!!

My one and only was created when I was in the middle of 2 BIFs and multiple trades, and Jason decided I needed a full on ban from access. I had **** that needed tending to.

Also, das wasis.

I have realized over the last week or so that So Many of you need to get a mother****ing girlfriend, wife or at least pay them a little attention. Cuz Holy **** y'all niggas have WAY TOO much time on your hands to have multiple troll accounts!!
Agreed. I have no troll accounts

that any of you know about

My one and only was created when I was in the middle of 2 BIFs and multiple trades, and Jason decided I needed a full on ban from access. I had **** that needed tending to.

Also, das wasis.

I agree with that and had the same thing. I got banned for having 2 accounts, one of which I created for when I got timeouts. LOL. Jesus Christ that sounds so funny to say, like I a ****ing child. Those guys are such a ****ing joke!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/i-think-i-got-duped-feedback-please.234718/
Anybody over here trade with this dude Leazk? Doesn't seem to have an account here at least, but just a heads up anyway.

Some choice quotes for those of us not over there:
So i completed a trade and got an Assassin on my end. I just received my package and It looks like my Assassin was resealed and rewaxed. I havn't contacted the trader, yet I wanted to get your feedback first.

Here are pictures compared to other assassin bottles I have
1) The fill is low
H71LOzT.jpg

2) No smoothness, my two real bottles have lines right below cap, the dupe doesn't
t4vQaLi.jpg

3)Again, no smoothness from a different angle
iNE2nbk.jpg

4) The wax drip in the dupe starts off from the cap....and the bottle is slightly taller
OKzBOcS.jpg

Definitely not assassin. Its a stout for sure, not barrel aged. Smells like Founders Imperial stout

Y4YwXOk.jpg

AdSXApe.jpg

Here's mine.

Thanks @BlumBeer for the tag...I think this is wide spread...I have 2 btls from very different trades (although both involving mc variants) and was skeptical of the first trade. I am now certain I have been f'ed. I was new and trusting to the game then, now, I am out 2 assassins...thoughts?

Sounds good, get here before my lease expires tomorrow.

OP etc. I got these from another source; PM me for fix options, As there is no chance for me to inspect the bottle Ill just have to trust, but please do PM and I will work it out with you... Rather than airing dirty laundry in public before I even contact the other party to let them know they were fuc t to begin with. But hey I will work around a poisoned well.

Apparently I am not as savvy as some. Thanks for the concern. I am offering to make this right. Hope OP takes me up on that; not the peanut gallery.

DIDNT YOU SEND ME THOSE MC YOU F'ing MORON.

Roger that. Guess there is no room in this site for noobs.

Turns out guy that is involved in this forgery had another BA identity: Edwardfortyhands Fyi in case he show up here.

I remember that handle and saying he was from Chicago. I think he offered to fight everyone in the Great Lakes forum at one point.

Surprise, surprise.

I remember that handle and saying he was from Chicago. I think he offered to fight everyone in the Great Lakes forum at one point.

Surprise, surprise.
So I believe this guy is a graduate student in Iowa currently but from Chicago. He is balding, about 35, and goes by a name that rhymes with "verb". Not sure if that is too much personal info but just dont want this guy to resurface. Clark at TG knows who this guy is as well so hopefully he crawls in a worm hole and never comes up.

Back