Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box from @skeezerpleezer landed safe and sound. Thanks again for my first HF hookup! The IPA is a brett version of zombie dust, what about the other two? View attachment 284188

I think one is a Lime/Rose hip saison fermented with HF saison yeast. The other is either a sour stout with Bug County (tod), or a Flanders (f2), can't remember. The saison had Chardonnay/oak, but lime was taking over so I bottled it, it's Limey, but pretty decent . Sounded like @mikeySab liked it ok.

Also- the IPA is my zombie dust grain bill, then equal amounts of citra/mosaic over the last 20min-dryhop. 14oz total for the 5.5g. Fermented with Brett brux trois. Could use some more bitterness, but seems like people like it

I think one is a Lime/Rose hip saison fermented with HF saison yeast. The other is either a sour stout with Bug County (tod), or a Flanders (f2), can't remember. The saison had Chardonnay/oak, but lime was taking over so I bottled it, it's Limey, but pretty decent . Sounded like @mikeySab liked it ok.

Also- the IPA is my zombie dust grain bill, then equal amounts of citra/mosaic over the last 20min-dryhop. 14oz total for the 5.5g. Fermented with Brett brux trois. Could use some more bitterness, but seems like people like it

That sounds like the perfect amount of hops. :D

I was hoping the ToD was a tart of darkness clone and it sounds like i wasn't far off haha. Ill let you know when i drink them. Thanks again!

Beer mail:
View attachment 285046

Lost one:
View attachment 285047
I am assuming it happened on my porch since the box was wet on the bottom and I doubt it would of made it from Belgium and through customs smelling like that. Coulda been the upper 90s heat today also (wasn't expecting it to show up till tomorrow and was out of town).

From where do you procure these lovelies?

I see it everywhere. I just do not want to spend the money on it. $24 for the bottle. no thank you.

Yeah, Brooklyn isn't exactly one of those breweries that gets me excited enough to want to spend $20+ on one of their beers.

Yeah, Brooklyn isn't exactly one of those breweries that gets me excited enough to want to spend $20+ on one of their beers.

Yeah, that bottle was actually one I brought home in my luggage. Work bought it for me to have with dinner last night, then I decided I didn't want to dome the whole thing. Since I was in PA and they can sell bottles to go I just tossed it in my luggage. I do not have high expectations. I am pretty sure it and their BA barleywine are still sitting on shelves down here in GA.

I'm not as much of a stickler as BJCP, but if you pay $24 for a kriek, it's no surprise you'll be disappointed when you get a cherry flavored BDSA.

I paid about $10 for a 4-pack of a "kriek" which is just a brown ale with tart cherries. I knew but still bought it. Still mustering through

No joke! I've made some poor life decisions that, little did I know, were detrimental to my beer buying capabilities.

I can relate. I limit my beer and car hobbies to the income from my part time jobs, the career job is the families money. I have been known to take a vacation day to work the part time job.... Making less money, but money that goes in the fun account.

Back