Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to get real busy the next day or two ... :D

*EDIT* - It has begun. 1st recipient probably is unaware that it is on his porch. 2nd one isn't home so it won't be picked up until tomorrow at the earliest...

Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 9.30.07 PM.png

Your address is showing, just in case you don't want that on there.

Of course he wants that showing. How else will anyone send him a BIF? :p
Also, with how many trades he's done, is there anyone here that doesn't already have his address? ;)

WTF?! Im thoroughly curious now haha. Nice work Mark, whatever the hell you did. :D

Things will come into focus by Friday - maybe tomorrow, but I'm betting those boxes scheduled for tomorrow might be delayed with the snow. I had it all planned for everything to land on Friday but stupid snow interfered :(

Things will come into focus by Friday - maybe tomorrow, but I'm betting those boxes scheduled for tomorrow might be delayed with the snow. I had it all planned for everything to land on Friday but stupid snow interfered :(

You sneaky, sneaky bastard haha Im so confused.

Well, DME is going to take longer than priming sugar for sure, but it sounds as if you attempted to carbonate at too low a temp.

In most cases (that I am aware of) you are supposed to let the temp raise into the 70s to aid in the carbonation process. After the brew is carbonated (testing a bottle after a week or so) then you can lower the temp again to stop the process.

Have you always carbonated at low temps or was this a first time lager?

I could be wrong, but I've never done it any other way.

Does anyone else have any insight?

Glad they all made it alright. The IBL and thr pils should be ready because i bottled from a keg. The rest are bottle conditioned so let the rest for a little. Also be careful opening they. They might be gushers. Not bad just open and pour quickly. Still getting used to bottling for brett.

Glad they all made it alright. The IBL and thr pils should be ready because i bottled from a keg. The rest are bottle conditioned so let the rest for a little. Also be careful opening they. They might be gushers. Not bad just open and pour quickly. Still getting used to bottling for brett.

Fail. :drunk: haha

I'll relay some info i got from crooked stave today. Force carb - do NOT count on bottle conditioning with Brett - too hard to predict. If you get some bottle conditioning, do be it, but bottle at the carb level you want.

I'll relay some info i got from crooked stave today. Force carb - do NOT count on bottle conditioning with Brett - too hard to predict. If you get some bottle conditioning, do be it, but bottle at the carb level you want.

Thats probably why they stay consistant. I had some early bottles from them and some where flat. Though people do bottle condition with brett and has not been an issue like JK but they wait till its right so it coule be when ever. There should still be bugs but they do not add any carb. Interesting.

Thanks for the info. Might force carb next brett/sour and dedicate a keg for it. Now i need a bottle gun.

Thats probably why they stay consistant. I had some early bottles from them and some where flat. Though people do bottle condition with brett and has not been an issue like JK but they wait till its right so it coule be when ever.

Thanks for the info. Might force carb next brett/sour and dedicate a keg for it. Now i need a bottle gun.

Ive actually thought about buying a keg and equipment just for force carbing sours. I probably will eventually, just to take the guess work out of a beer thats already taken 12+ months to ferment.

Thanks to a screw-up on my part and weather delays, my plan may come together tomorrow after all. Thirteen people from west coast to east coast; north coast to gulf coast will get delivered tomorrow! :mug:

Latest posts

Back