Tortellini off-flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgeofblade

Reaction score
I had a homebrew recently that had a distinctively pasta-like aroma and flavor. More specifically, it smelled like tortellini stuffed with ricotta and covered in marinara. The style was supposed to be an all-grain Belgian ale.

Aside from using a brew kettle used for Italian food, is there something else that could cause this result?

Yup. Wrong kettle to use for brewing,since it seems like it was used for far too long on some great food. I bought a set of 3-4 nested stock pots with lids & steamer trays on sale for,like,$40. Took the 5G set for my BK,as they're polished stainless steel. Gave the rest to momma for the kitchen. SHWMBO gods satisfied. The 5G size is just right for 2.5G partial boils. Including partial extract. My wife did one of BB kits/grains on National Home Brewer's Day yesterday in it. Boy,are we glad for the extra head space with that crazy hot break she got! So get the set,take the biggest one with lid & steamer tray to fit,& give SHWMBO the rest...:mug:

Does it taste good? Maybe you could sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it?

Back