Top Snack to pair with your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndOfBeans

Reaction score
I know it depends on the style, or even the season. But in general, what do u snack on if anything during the week as u have a beer or two?

Me, its pretzels. Followed close by pepperoncini peppers!

Peanuts are too flavorful, as are potato chips. For some reason, Stouts n Ports i love with baby bell cheese if i cant find pretzels.

Sorry if this is off topic in anyway

I second the pretzels! Chips are good as well. Wings are great but they might be more of a meal than a snack... I think the peppers might affect the taste of the beer though. Am I overthinking this?

I second the pretzels! Chips are good as well. Wings are great but they might be more of a meal than a snack... I think the peppers might affect the taste of the beer though. Am I overthinking this?

Meh, Id say wings are a bit much? Unless u make wings every time u drink which would be awesome! Lol

Forgot about chex mix! For some reason thats a cold weather treat for me

I snack on beer when i'm drinking beer.
About the only food i will consistantly consume with beer is hot wings but as mentioned above that's not a snack but a meal.
Let's say that you're watching the superbowl on TV.....
not having beer just aint right and not having hot wings just aint right either in that scenario.

I like to have pretzels, chips or nuts of some kind to complement beers. There's just something about something nice and salty that pair well IMO.

But, I also know that I will just graze continuously if I always have these handy and I try to be somewhat conscious of calories, knowing that the beer is already providing some. So, I limit when I do snack while I'm drinking.

Habanero bbq almonds are perfect with a Scotch Ale

thumbnail.asp

Nuts in general go best with beer of all styles, but they go best with lagers. That said, I don't brew lagers. But they go really well with ales too. Peanuts, I think, go best with lagers, while pecans, almonds, cashews, and so on go well with stouts and IPAs, etc. Regardless of the beer style or the kind of nuts, they will definitely go well together.

I also think that buffalo wings and spicy chicken in general goes really well with beer, but as others have already said, those are a bit heavier than just a "snack." I don't think I'd go so far as to call them a "meal" since that really depends on how many you eat. If you have a ton, sure, it's a meal. But since they are pretty heavy... Regardless, they go well with beer.

Actually, now that I think about it - roll a standard, six-sided die: 1-2, pretzels (soft or hard); 3-4, pizza (any pizza); 5-6, Chex Party Mix (home-made).

chips, salt sticks or peanuts all work well as easy, ready in bag snacks.

5 year old gouda if the parents have visited recently(dutchies always bring expat family cheese).

Where I am from we call jerky biltong, close maybe more tasty BUT a great snack with beer. Unless you have a rump or fillet stake on the barbeque.... mind you I forgot the lamb chop, okay the last three may count as a meal.

Beer and BBQ! OH HELL YEAH! :rockin:

Pretzels....and nuts....and cheese....or cheese curds...beer sausage....crackers and sausage and cheese.....Cheetoz....pub mix....

Top snack? Yeah, right. Why don't you ask me to unify the four forces while you're at it?

Smoked mussels and crackers. Cheese.. Pickled eggs.
With real yeasty beers, or anything not too dark, I like grapes.
Chips are the default choice when unsure. Especially with a sour cream based dip.

Besides the regular junk snack food at home and in bars, my wife and I use Trader Joe's hickory smoked almonds as a snack/palate cleanser at beer festivals.

Latest posts

Back