Multi-course Meal with Beer Pairing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zimm9

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Since moving into a new house at the end of October wasn't enough chaos for me, I am hosting Christmas for my family this year. And since that isn't crazy enough, I suggested we do a beer pairing with multiple courses for Christmas dinner.

Has anyone else done something similar for holidays or otherwise? I've been really curious about beer and food pairings but haven't gotten that far along in my education on the matter. Several years ago, my brother and his wife got us tickets for a conference dinner for Missouri wineries with something like 10 courses each paired with wine. It was an amazing experience.

Anyway, it was a bit of a drunken game of cards at Thanksgiving that I opened my mouth and suggested the whole beer pairing thing to my dad and sister. They loved the idea so we did some brainstorming just off the cuff. If anyone is interested, this is what we have so far:

1. dry irish stout with rarebit and/or cheese fondue
2. apple cinnamon ale with a salad (my sister has a particular salad with asian dressing and goat cheese in mind; I brewed an apple cream ale as a backup if the cinnamon isn't a good match)
3. blue moonish clone with orange glazed sweet potatoes
4. smoked bacon ale with smoked brisket, red wine reduction and blue cheese (sauce/topping?)
5. milk choco stout with tiramisu or black forest trifle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back