too long of a primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewsClues

Reaction score
I'm brewing a wit beer and its been in primary for about a month I just haven't gotten around to bottling could this hurt anything?

A month is no problem; as long as it is in a cool place you should be fine. I would look to getting it off the yeast cake at some point soon, though.

alot of people here keep thier beer on the yeast cake for a minimun of a month. expect a clear, clean tasting beer.

I just racked my wit to the keg a few minutes ago. It was in the fermentor for about 5 weeks. It was super clear and the sample tasted great.

It might not turn out like it is "supposed" too but if its clear I won't be complaining. I'm actually getting ready to bottle now having to gather containers I only have 21 bottles and I have a 5 gallon batch but with my other containers I can hold like 530 fl. Oz. Will I be fine seeing as how I won't be able to get the full 5 gallons out anyway...

I just bottled a Porter that took 4 weeks for the FG to settle at 1.011. It seemed to take forever, but that's what it took.

NRS

Back