Three weeks and still not done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman551

Reaction score
Hey all, I would love some feedback on this. I brewed a batch of Brandon O's Graff three weeks ago. It's been in primary bucket the whole time. I used Safale 05 and OG was 1.060. This stuff is usually ready to bottle in three weeks, with the final gravity around 1.010. So I cracked the lid tonight, and the yeast cap has still not sunk, and it's sitting at 1.020 and has a bit of sweetness to it. The cap looks very yeasty and normal, like gooey pancake batter. I use our master bath for a ferm chamber, and it stays pretty chilly in there, like in the 60's. Could it still be fermenting? I moved it to our bedroom, in hopes that it will finish. Luckily I caught it before I boiled the priming sugar. I have my bottling bucket full of sanitizer. It won't hurt that bucket to leave it four or five days, right? I just wished I had discovered this before I sanitized two cases of bottles. Any thoughts??

I doubt it will be a problem, If you use an iodine based sanitizer it will stain the bucket. I use Starsan, the manufacturer states that it is effective as long as it is clear. I routinely store a Starsan solution in a keg and use it for about a month.

Back