Three batches in what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrussell345

Reaction score
I started three 5gal extract batches, not sure how I want to do this...
2/12 AMERICAN WHEAT BEER, O.G: 1.04, adding blueberries in the secondary -- 600ml yeast starter
2/15 AMERICAN AMBER ALE O.G: 1.04 -- 600ml yeast starter
2/17 DOUBLE IPA O.G: 1.08 -- 1500ml yeast starter

My temps in the basement are a little low, the american wheat is at about 62 on the bucket, don't think it'll get much lower..

So, I was planning on letting the american wheat run then put into a secondary and add the blueberries, is it okay to leave it in a secondary for about three weeks? Will this be better of worse for it?

Bacisly I'm trying to figure out the best way to have all three of these ready around the same time to have a brew party, any ideas?

Ha. Great job brewing 3 batches in 5 days!

If you're not concerned with harvesting the yeast from the wheat, then you can just add the blueberries in the primary and rack it off when you want to bottle. You probably still could harvest it, but all that crap in the way would make it harder. The way I see it, you don't really need a secondary for a wheat beer because it's no supposed to be clear and yours was pretty low OG anyway.

62 reading on the bucket is good, but maybe a little low depending on the yeast. Either way I wouldn't worry about moving it somewhere else; it's better to have it too low and take longer than too high and get unwanted flavors IMO.

Ask 10 different brewers get 10 different answers. I don't do a secondary on any beer and if you have kegs, why not just rack right into those and age them in the kegerator?

I dry hop in the primary for my IPAs.

Back