Thread question Stainless Coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemistBrewer

Reaction score
Ok so this may be a dumb question.

Ive been researching making a Jockey Box and have decided to go with the 50' stainless steel coil option. I was looking on NYbrewsupply and noticed that the coils are classified as "right hand" or "left hand". I was under the impression that this meant how the threads screw on? Right being the normal way. Or does this have to do with the faucet pouring the beer out of the box? I think I may have confused myself. Im just wondering why anyone would want to get a left hand system if this is true?

I just wanted to make sure before I ordered anything seeing as how its quite and investment for them. Thanks for the help!

I think the left and right refers to the direction the coil is wound. If you had two coils in a box you'd typically want one left and one right to accommodate tap placement.

Thanks for the feed back that clears things up! I was going to make a 3 tap box so I guess I will go with two right hands and one left.

Latest posts

Back