This time of year just isn't the same without moonglow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrydrez

Reaction score
Ah well, hopefully when Victory's expansion is finished we'll see more experimental brews and hopefully the return of wild devil (crosses fingers :eek:).

Meh, guess I am going to have to brew my own wezinbock this year- anyone have a good recipe?

Are they out already?
Love me some moonglow, I was planning on swinging by there tonight.

Bartender told me a few years ago they call it liquid crack, I'm certainly addicted to it.

Not exactly a clone (Victory has some spices in there), but this is a good Weizenbock recipe (not mine) that I've made several times...

Weizenbock
5 gallons

GRAINS:
10.00 lb Wheat Malt, German
3.50 lb Pilsner Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
2.00 lb Munich Malt
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal 40L Malt
0.50 lb Special B Malt
0.25 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM)

16.75 lbs Total Grain Weight

HOPS:
0.5 oz Hallertauer 3.9% (60 min)
1.00 oz Saaz 5.9% (60 min)

YEAST: Safbrew WB+06
Munich Wheat

5.25 gals Strike Water @ 175
Mash @ 155-158

It's on tap but I don't think they're bottling it this year. Thanks for the recipe!

I just tried to get some out here in Colorado. I didn't know it was so limited this year. I hope we get back on the map out here in Fort Collins. Victory has been putting out great beers for ever, miss that place. I'm sure there's a different yeast strain to choose from or some spice combo to add, or something! Cheers..

Recipe above with some hops substitutions been fermenting since Sunday last week!

Saw on Facebook today that Victory is headed out for the storm. Picture looked like the parking lot was flooding--they are in a low area near creeks. New slogan--"PROTECT the Monkey"!

Back