Thinking bout converting old hot tub into MLT,any thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's already moved on...

And I don't think he was kidding.....*shudder*

Well, if his attempt is to clone a Busch\Busch Light then all he needs is lots of rice syrup and just a wee bit of malt extract; no need for an MLT! Ha!

1 other post in a bio-diesel forum a few years back- check.
Proxy IP from Paris- check
Over the top Central WA personae- check

OP explain yourself.

I love this thread. Even if he is a spammer and not one of our members, please let him stay...

127311167075.jpg

well just finished setting up the MLT with plumbing and all,did a test run for leak issues and plugged all holes with liquid nails and caulk.Leak free now!!! Going with that idea of usin a junker washer tub as a false bottom.Gonna use them drums for a boiler,need 2 probly,puttin em on a junker frame and usin a wood and garbage fired method for heatin it to boilin.Been out at the local hop fields pickin hops at night and Got a good deal on barly at local feed store,also addin bout 50# jasmine rice that my neighbor got.Shootin for first batch this saturday mornin.So if i'm shootin for 100 gallons of beer and i'm usin 200 # barly and i'm usin 1qt/# i'd be usin 50 gal or so for mash in?What temp should water should i go with?to hit 156 degrees.And how much sparge water should i use?Dont have any irish moss like the recipe states but i got some regular moss growin out behind my trailerhouse that'll probly work.This is gettin real exciting.If anyone wants to help out im squattin out behind the apple orchard out on west armitage just past the wood barn,youll see the junkers on the left next to the pumpin outfit.o and for interested partys (olllllo) I'm just out to have a good time ,surfin this site for a wealth of information on how to make my brews better.Just wondering if you know my accounts info,mothers maiden name,and ss# too ??Cheers

Wow, this is very well thought out. Just malt that barley and this setup should work just fine :ban:. When is the grand opening? Have you thought of names for your brewpub?

Can this be locked up finally? This thread is going nowhere good and is never going to contribute safe information to anyone.

Obviously the OP is too stupid to heed the warnings, or is getting the exact gratification he desired is his trolling

Half of me likes this thread, and the other half wonders what ever became of this place.

Well of all the cockamanie ideas I've heard over the years , this one takes the cake!A MLT outa a hottub I mean gimme a brake. This boy needs to get his head screwed back on.Usin old part off a junker sittin in his yard,fuel lines ,fuel tanks,burn barrels,radiators,what the hell! This beers gonna taste like s***.And he thinks he can start a brewery-hooey I say.I think this thread should be called "BACKASSWARDS BREWING TECHNIQUES FOR IDIOTS"

You forgot to change profiles Revvy.... rookie mistake.

It's not me.....I don't have this type of a sense of humor at all. I don't know why you guys think it's me. Nor do I have the time to create a fake profile..Besides where would I come up with beign a 37year old from WA??? Would I just randomly wrote that?

Hmmm.... I am still suspicious. Who else could it be though? BierMuncher returns to outdo even his own real-life ugly junk? It has to be someone...

There's been a lot of weird a$$ed new members on here lately, also some downright mean ones, so I no longer suspect it of being one of our regulars, like LGI....but if it was someone on here I would suspect the one who FIRST accused it of being me....Gila. It surprised the helloutta me to even be accused of this. I'm usually posting way too much to take the time to do something like this...and I quite frankly don't have the sense of humor to do this...I mean I post weird stuff sometimes, but under my own name.

At first I though it was Zuiljin, but I realized he doesn't need to create a persona to post crazy crap like this.

I've only create a false persona on a forum I was an active member of once, it wasn't here, but on the forum where I posted the nigerian loveslave 419 thing, and that was on a bet to post a picture of my dingus. and it lasted about 5 minutes.

It's too much work to fill out all those boxes when you sign up on online things anyway.

Besides OlllOs got the scoop on whoever it is, so he knows it's not me.

1 other post in a bio-diesel forum a few years back- check.
Proxy IP from Paris- check
Over the top Central WA personae- check

OP explain yourself.

If this is actually a troll he is the best ever. I do really hope it isn't someone actually doing this though... there could be some serious health risks if anyone drinks what Mr. Hot-and-soapy is cooking up...

can't I be my own person?? yes my name looks like revvy for the average illiterate but its brewvy -rhymes with groovy-but with a beer flavor-cause this is a beer site.Sorry revvy for the s*** your gettin.This is nobodys fake persona.Sorry for inconvieniencing anyone with my bulls***, but it does seem like it was an entertaining one for some people.I'm a real brewer and like to brew 10-12 gallon batches all grain.I started back up last month after 8 or so years off,rebuilt my system and am off to the races.Great site and great information.Just trying to up my system and thought a hot tub would be perfect.

Thanks for the props Boerderij_Kabouter,might give you the s***'s but its worth the risk

can't I be my own person?? yes my name looks like revvy for the average illiterate but its brewvy -rhymes with groovy-but with a beer flavor-cause this is a beer site.Sorry revvy for the s*** your gettin.This is nobodys fake persona.Sorry for inconvieniencing anyone with my bulls***, but it does seem like it was an entertaining one for some people.I'm a real brewer and like to brew 10-12 gallon batches all grain.I started back up last month after 8 or so years off,rebuilt my system and am off to the races.Great site and great information.Just trying to up my system and thought a hot tub would be perfect.

Well I think it's because this type of stuff WOULD more than likely come from someone who's been on awhile not someone starting out. Plus over the last couple days we've had some downright mean spritied first time posters who have gotten all huffy when we told them they couldn't just sell their homebrew, or a couple other things. THEN you just happened to have started this thread (which I did find funny) on the very day we had like 2 nasty troll threads. So our first instinct was to think it was one of our own trying to bring some much needed levity back into the forum.

I too did notice the similarity to my name, THEN noticed the tell-tale W in there and realized you were calling yourself "BROOVY."

No harm no foul. :mug:

But seriously.....WHAT IF, someone had a brand new, never been used hot tub, never even been fired up with water in it. Let's say you bought one for 10 cents on the dollar from the bank trying to dump a foreclosed hot tub store...Hypothetically, if you changed out anything that would be coated in oil (like I assume the pump) and put in a food grade one, and replaces all the hoses with food grade ones as well....And the liner were food grade as well (not likely I assume.)

Does anyone think it could be feasable?

But seriously.....WHAT IF, someone had a brand new, never been used hot tub, never even been fired up with water in it. Let's say you bought one for 10 cents on the dollar from the bank trying to dump a foreclosed hot tub store...Hypothetically, if you changed out anything that would be coated in oil (like I assume the pump) and put in a food grade one, and replaces all the hoses with food grade ones as well....And the liner were food grade as well (not likely I assume.)

No. Could it physically work? Yes. With much swearing and ****storm mess, I think you could create beer with a hot tub. Would it kill you? Probably not. Would your kids have three arm? Time will tell. Is having three arms bad? Hell no, it is awesome.

So it sounds like this is going to be the hot new trend in brewing. Hell, this can be the first beer that we send into space. An army of drunk, three-armed humans and the aliens don't stand a chance.

Also, as pointed out by WildWest, the beer may imbue time travel to the drinkers. Some the three-armed mutant army may be able to travel through time. Zombies have nothing on The Army of the Hot Tub Beer.

Also, as pointed out by WildWest, the beer may imbue time travel to the drinkers. Some the three-armed mutant army may be able to travel through time. Zombies have nothing on The Army of the Hot Tub Beer.

Actually it wasn't me, credit where credit is due.

The other reason I wouldn't do this is because it might cause your beer to go back in time.

I always tells my customers that ANYTHING is feasible given the appropriate financial resources.

Does anyone remember who it was that proposed mashing in a large PVC koi pond liner? I thought that was a troll thread and then I read through it and saw the pics.

Honestly, nothing seems to surprise me here any more.

Why? I'm enjoying this! If it offends you, don't click on the link.

It doesn't offend me in the least...HOMEBREWTALK.COM would look Extremely bad if this guy, his friends and anyone he illegially sold his brew to get sick or die of chemical/toxic metal poisoning and we encourgaged him...much less left the thread open.

Plus he already admitted to STEALING oild drums from behind jiffy lube...really?

However I would love nothing more than to see social darwinism at its best and remove this guy from the gene pool...so if the mods want it open, I am cool with that.

Wow. Duder, you need to lighten up. This thread is full of ridiculous win. No one is going to die. At worst he would get real sick or get cancer later in life. Many of us will end up worse and not have created a time-traveling-extra-appendage-growing-zombie-beating-hot-tub-brew-machine.

Wow. Duder, you need to lighten up. This thread is full of ridiculous win. No one is going to die. At worst he would get real sick or get cancer later in life. Many of us will end up worse and not have created a time-traveling-extra-appendage-growing-zombie-beating-hot-tub-brew-machine.

This comment is full of win.

"time-traveling-extra-appendage-growing-zombie-beating-hot-tub-brew-machine."

I love this Thread!

I am just weary of having another one of these pop up to cast a bad light on homebrewing:
031p1.jpg

Can you imagine what a a spin they could put on a guy making alcohol in a hot tub?

It's not me.....I don't have this type of a sense of humor at all. I don't know why you guys think it's me. Nor do I have the time to create a fake profile..Besides where would I come up with beign a 37year old from WA??? Would I just randomly wrote that?

It's not random. It's your subconscious desire to be me asserting itself. But I'm 39, not 37. :D :ban:

Back