0 TDS Water, Finally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had one RO pre-filter crack on me under my sink and that was the last straw, I'm done with tanks and anything that isn't constant flow that you have to store... for my house. Lol, seriously though I am done with the constant nuisance of leaks under my sink, so I ripped out the old RO unit which got me thinking. Did some research real quick for under the sink, and found out about DI filter resin beads. Long story short I decided to Frankenstein the old RO unit I had, buy a dual DI resin filter, and add the exact same RO system to the Frankenstein that my mom no longer wanted.

20230619_190247.jpg

20230619_190251.jpg

20230619_190258.jpg

This last pic here is were the filter starts. I brought everything in the house to test. I was pleasantly surprised. I was testing "my" new brewery water filter, and hadn't installed the DI filters yet. Reading out out the tap 420 TDS, reading post (2) RO membranes (ran in series) was 77 TDS on old membranes that need changing. Happy!! So, I hooked up the two DI resin cartridges inside the filter housings... ZERO TDS!!!! Finally I can trust my water chemistry and I have control.

On a side note, two RO units like this with no DI resin... will fill a glass of water or the ice-maker "I think", so we might go back to RO after all, just with no tanks under the sink.

Back