Thinking about going to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosper

Reaction score
I'm nearly done renovating my kitchen, and wouldn't you know it, there's a spot perfectly the right size for a small deep-freezer, almost like I'd planned it :)

Up until now, I hadn't really though much about kegging - I'm the only homebrew drinker around, and I like to have a variety of bottles ready to drink. Having only one or two beers on tap seemed a little limiting to me, so even now, I do plan on doing a fair bit of bottling.

So - my question is - if I've got 2 kegs on tap, that means I'm probably only going to be pulling a pint every other day from each, on average, and will be changing kegs maybe every 6 weeks or so. Am I going to have problems keeping my lines clean and mold-free?

No sir. Just make sure you buy perlick faucets if you won't be using them often. That way you don't snap a faucet handle off while trying to get it unstuck like I did.

Back