Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wash and sanitize everything before I put it back in the garage under my workbench where it collects dust until I use it again, before which I wash and sanitize everything again. You are not alone.

I wash and sanitize everything before I put it back in the garage under my workbench where it collects dust until I use it again, before which I wash and sanitize everything again. You are not alone.

Yeah, most of my stuff is in the garage, but thankfully inside a cabinet. I do have an array of tubing that hangs to dry over some pegboard hooks that can get dusty but the rest of the stuff really doesnt. Ive been known to disable the garage door when its dry or dusty outside, or when someones mowing.

Yeah, most of my stuff is in the garage, but thankfully inside a cabinet. I do have an array of tubing that hangs to dry over some pegboard hooks that can get dusty but the rest of the stuff really doesnt. Ive been known to disable the garage door when its dry or dusty outside, or when someones mowing.

I am going to brew tomorrow , I feel like a child before Christmas or a birthday , I am really exited , it's bedtime now but I know there no point going to bed as I won't sleep, but I have to go to bed as my swimbo will go mad if I don't, I can't wait to get that brew going.
Why don't my wife understand ?
Oh well , I will just have to waste a few hours till I get up and get the water on.

Why do we watch it for so long anyway? Are we waiting for something to happen or change in the time that we're watching? Whenever I ask myself that I feel really stupid.

Why do we watch it for so long anyway? Are we waiting for something to happen or change in the time that we're watching? Whenever I ask myself that I feel really stupid.

Its the beauty of the birth, like when you have a kid, you sit and watch them for hours

I am going to brew tomorrow , I feel like a child before Christmas or a birthday , I am really exited , it's bedtime now but I know there no point going to bed as I won't sleep, but I have to go to bed as my swimbo will go mad if I don't, I can't wait to get that brew going.
Why don't my wife understand ?
Oh well , I will just have to waste a few hours till I get up and get the water on.

I'm right there with ya. I've grown more of a liking to brewing in the morning. It's nice to get done in the afternoon am rather than midnight. On workdays I hit the snooze button, and hit the snooze button, and hit the snooze button, and get to work at 8:30am. On Saturday, I wake up without an alarm at 6:00, throw some coffee on and dough-in.

I here that The House passed a new Farm Bill. I wonder if they will encourage more barley production??

I was following the news on that farm bill too and wondering how it will affect barley costs. :)

I have a keg tapped, one conditioning, one brew in the secondary, I need to get the primary filled. (All different styles)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If I pick that out of the neighbors trash and weld it to the other thing I picked up last week, I could get my hopps to grow up it!

If I were a yeasty, I would be riding that blob of trub up and down, round and round the carboy. :D Man that looks like fun!

Would that make a beer turn blue? :confused:

Is there crispy pieces of bacon in that new bacon brew from NB? mmmm bacon...:rockin:

Why is there a soda in my beer fridge? Damn kids anyway!

Can I really grow pumpkins in the basement in -20 January weather and can't I just wait untill next fall to brew a homegrown pumpkin ale?:tank:

I hate that beer, but it's on sale and the bottles will be reusable.....:mug:

Green caps or gold caps?

Is that a mouse turd?

Can I malt buckwheat, and would it make good beer?

Beets have lots of sugar.... beet barleywine?......:eek: parsnips? nahhhhh...

If i only had a cherry tree....

Where can I get a cherry tree...

Rain water, creek water or maple sap?

Where did Melana's she devil go? :D:cool::)

I need to step up my game and refill the pipeline all I have left is a couple less then stellar brews.

You are an enabler to my addiction. Iv been thinkin about planting some

I just used my nugget crop from this past year in a black ipa. So yummy! Nothing is better than the satisfaction of using homegrown hops.

Maybe I have real issues. I wash and sanitize everything that touches the cold side before I put it away. Then I wash and sanitize everything before I use it. Does everybody clean this much??

I wash after use and put it away. Then sanitize before I use it. What you're doing sounds like overkill.

As I kegged 20 gallons of beer and cider last night-"I really need to figure out what I'm going to brew next. I've got one keg about to kick and one of these will be gone quick as well... Wait, I have nothing fermenting. I HAVE to brew soon."

Answer: surprisingly easy. Also rewarding. Do it.

I just used my nugget crop from this past year in a black ipa. So yummy! Nothing is better than the satisfaction of using homegrown hops.

You are an enabler to my addiction. Iv been thinkin about planting some

+1

However MIL was asking me if I knew anything about growing hops and if I could make beer with them. She like how they look when they grow and want to grow them up their old barn.

I had to tread lightly through the conversation with swmbo in the room. Don't want her learning of what I know or any of my possible future plans just yet. :D

Used to be, I would come home after a long day, crack open a Goose Island or Lagunitas, and watch some TV to unwind.

Today, I got home, cracked open a bottle of my first batch of homebrew (BB Red Ale), and watched my primary airlock bubble away for half an hour as my first IPA ferments. I think I'm going to really enjoy this homebrewing thing.

There is something relaxing about the bubbling action during fermentation. I have a blow off with a hose going into a glass container with star san. The bubbles are bigger and louder, it's great. I had the hose originally go into a milk jug but I switched it to a glass container so I could see the bubbles lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Oh so childish, ha ha , I love the idea of amplifying the bubble sound, I am going to have to work on that one !
Away for some fun, I have a big metal bucket in mind.

Microphone, amplifier, it will get loud. Plus, you can tailor the tone with an EQ.

I think it has to be real noise, not electric.
At the moment it's a big bore blow off tube, with a big bend at the bottom, this tube is in a metal bucket, inside an oil drum.
WHUUUMPFFFF.

My most common thoughts "I'm gonna need more bottles", "I'm gonna need more carboys" or "I'm gonna need some help drinking all this".

Used to be, I would come home after a long day, crack open a Goose Island or Lagunitas, and watch some TV to unwind.

Today, I got home, cracked open a bottle of my first batch of homebrew (BB Red Ale), and watched my primary airlock bubble away for half an hour as my first IPA ferments. I think I'm going to really enjoy this homebrewing thing.

Way cool. I've been at it a year, still loving it.

Every time I buy something new for brewing and I tell the wife the cost that sounds best (not what I REALLY paid) I think, "Man, if I died tomorrow, some lucky sob will get the steal of the century on all my equipment."

Back