Thermal Well paste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhhobbies

Reaction score
What does everyone use inside their thermal wells? My wells are a lot bigger then my probes and would really like to use something. Thanks.

I ordered one and received one with the ssr I purchased. So, I have a extra small tube. If you could use it, I would be willing to send it. Prob get away with just a envelope and stamp.

Ok I figured that's what I needed, can you not get larger tubes of this stuff anywhere? Not sure if these little tubes will get me too far.

I ordered one and received one with the ssr I purchased. So, I have a extra small tube. If you could use it, I would be willing to send it. Prob get away with just a envelope and stamp.

Very kind! I'll keep you posted, depending what I can find local. Thanks!

Ok I figured that's what I needed, can you not get larger tubes of this stuff anywhere? Not sure if these little tubes will get me too far.

This stuff is expensive, at $10 a small tube. You only need a little bit...just enough to allow the thermometer probe to contact the thermowell.

Tats the thing, my probes are tiny compared to my huge wells, that's why I was looking for something in bulk.

I have a big syringe of the stuff - I've had it that long I can't remember where I got it.

But at the end of the day, you should just get the cheapest you can find off eBay - you really don't need the high performance stuff that a PC would need.

Like this: (which, as it looks, is about the size of my one I got a long time ago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-30g-Gre...hermal_Compounds_Supplies&hash=item1e7aff5e8a

I have a big syringe of the stuff - I've had it that long I can't remember where I got it.

But at the end of the day, you should just get the cheapest you can find off eBay - you really don't need the high performance stuff that a PC would need.

Like this: (which, as it looks, is about the size of my one I got a long time ago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-30g-Gre...hermal_Compounds_Supplies&hash=item1e7aff5e8a

As long as that stuff works, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch.

Back