The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't try any paintball places, but based on my lack of success with welding shops, fire extinguisher shops and things of that nature I'm just not gonna find a place that is open until 7:00 PM.

Problem is I am working every day until I go home for Christmas (hooray grad school) and I have an empty CO2 tank and a beer ready to keg. I usually go to Volunteer on Saturdays, but it just isn't an option right now.

Heya, fellow Tennesseans! maffewl linked me here from the introductions thread. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Heya, fellow Tennesseans! maffewl linked me here from the introductions thread. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Wazup Man. I hunt out your way sometimes. Let me now if you need anything. If you don't now there is a HBS at the Pembroke/Oakgrove Exit on 24.MB Roland Distillery.

Wazup Man. I hunt out your way sometimes. Let me now if you need anything. If you don't now there is a HBS at the Pembroke/Oakgrove Exit on 24.MB Roland Distillery.

Thanks for the heads up. I googled up a place in Nashville awhile back but haven't yet made the trip.

I see the road to this one, however, leads through Clarksville. Which means White Castle. Which means I'm going.

Welcome aboard Blackhawk :tank:

:mug:

Welcome Blackhawk:mug: We all get together every now and then to distribute grain, hops, you name it. We trade yeast and beer. We normally get together at my place in Hendersonville, you are more than welcome to join us when we split-up and distribute our 220# of hops that will be on the way soon:ban:

We trade yeast and beer.

Apparently all the time except for this Saturday...

I'll be heading to Rebel on Saturday before the Preds game if anyone wants to meet me there for a yeast swap.

I currently have:

WLP007 Dry English Ale
WY1450 Denny's Favorite
WLP840 American Lager
WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast (Limited)

And possibly ready by Saturday... bottle harvested and stepped up Sierra Nevada yeast.

:p

Thanks for the heads up. I googled up a place in Nashville awhile back but haven't yet made the trip.

I see the road to this one, however, leads through Clarksville. Which means White Castle. Which means I'm going.

:mug:

Please tell me you mean Rebel Brewer. Nothing else in the area comes close as far as selection and price goes (plus Tom and Tyler are pretty kick ass). I use All Seasons from time to time when I am in a bind, need something and don't feel like making the trek out to Goodletsville, but it's way more expensive than Rebel.

Welcome Blackhawk:mug: We all get together every now and then to distribute grain, hops, you name it. We trade yeast and beer. We normally get together at my place in Hendersonville, you are more than welcome to join us when we split-up and distribute our 220# of hops that will be on the way soon:ban:

I'll probably take you up on this once I get a few more batches under my belt and a better work area set up. Thanks.

Please tell me you mean Rebel Brewer. Nothing else in the area comes close as far as selection and price goes (plus Tom and Tyler are pretty kick ass). I use All Seasons from time to time when I am in a bind, need something and don't feel like making the trek out to Goodletsville, but it's way more expensive than Rebel.

Ya Rebel's the one I was thinking of.

Do your stomach a small favor and go to the Hooters there, amazing talent.

Come to think of it I've never been to Hooters...

Oh dear lord, treat yourself. Not to good food mind you. Although their buffalo chicken sammich is decent, i'm not much for fighting wings for meat.

Their buffalo chicken sandwich is great... and not sure if they still serve them or not, but I was a big fan of the fried dill pickles.

Let's just set the record straight and mention that no man should be visiting a White Castle when there's a Krystal's within driving distance!:mug:

Let's just set the record straight and mention that no man should be visiting a White Castle when there's a Krystal's within driving distance!:mug:

Record Straight! They are both STOMACH BOMBS! :eek:
+1 on the deep fried pickles :rockin:
Hooters' does them best, and the ambiance...

Gonna be a good weekend!!!

image-2355276096.jpg

C'mon Marc, anyone from Michigan knows that the Castle is the best. I occasionally eat them but my stomach doesn't like me for it.

_
Nothing better after a night out.:drunk:
I love the Castle!! But, I always end up paying for it!:eek:
Know what I mean?

Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Kinda sad, I check the subscriptions everyday and no one is saying s**t!
Who's brewing what for the holidays?
I am doing a version (loose rendition) of the cream of three crops with a super hop burst (Falconers & Cascade) in the last 5 minutes. Amarillo, Citra, and Simcoe at flame out and steeped 20 minutes. It is bubbling in the fermentor now.

Made a wheat pale ale on Friday that I'm pretty stoked to see how it turns out, and a Happy Holidays to you sir.

Did a Baltic Porter last week, never brewed one before. Didn't even know they were lagers, hydro samples taste great.

_

1234 said:
Not another Michigan fan! Pac-12 is looking good in the big bowls.

PAC-12. Isnt that a game where where a yellow dot with a mouth eats other dots while being chased by ghosts???

Geaux BLUE!!
Great game. Now besides Illinios (who played a 6-7 UCLA)the B1G's only winners are from the state of MICHIGAN.
Although I'm kinda disappointed in D-Rob for not playing with passion like a winner, instead relying on Virginia Tech mistakes, Defense and the kicking game. He did make a couple good plays that counted for a lot, but overall lacks the gumption to play like a Champion. I miss the old Shoelace. Maybe he'll get it back over the summer.
Hail To The Victors!!

Got the Bavarian Wheat kit from Midwest I'm doing tomorrow. Hope yall had a great Christmas!

I'm gonna try an AG, all wheat, 10 gallon Hefe Saturday, if the weather is decent.

Need to see what hefe yeast Mid South Malts has in stock tonight.

:ban:

Back