The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you do the pointed goatee in white and the beer? That would be awesome! And keep the bowtie it's sweet.

_

He just doesn't look like a misfit.

These are misfits of science...
muppets-beaker-dr-bunsen-honeydew-590x350.jpg

Here's a pic with some room to chop some brewing equipment into. Maybe even put the other dudes head on there? I have no idea how difficult that would be.

mad-scientist.jpg

I love what Homercidal did with the picture, except for the guitar. I think it takes away from the idea that this is a logo for a homebrew club. Thanks for the work Homer!

wildwest450 said:
Any other Meeeechigan fans sick to their stomach before the Ohio State game? I am.

_

I was, but now ecstatic. Hopefully we get a good bowl since we got screwed out of the big ten championship. Go BLUE!!

Ha, that was awesome!! I thought it was over on that called back touchdown/25 yard penalty.

_

It looks like Tim has stepped up and said that he would try to put the web page together. I will update when I have more information.

Just so everyone knows.
<-- this and Urban Meyer. We beat him once and will many more times. As of today according to scouts.com Michigan has the the #1 recruiting class in the country. GO BLUE!!!

I'm a little perplexed - I picked up a growler of Calfkiller "Grassroots IPA" yesterday at Midtown in Nashville. Has anyone else had this? I get no hop flavor or aroma so I'm a little confused. Appearance is cloudy with little to no head retention and maybe some belgian yeast character? Franklly, it tastes like green homebrew IMHO. I'm almost positive I had this on tap at Spankies back around Tech homecoming and it tasted the same. No one at Spankies knew what it was, other than "Calfkiller". hah. So anyway, has anyone else tried this? Calfkiller's website says "Grassroots Ale" as one of their beers. I'm wondering if this is even supposed to be an IPA...

Their grassroots is an "ale" not an IPA. They do use a belgian strain in all their beers. I have found their batches to be a little inconsistent, imo. They also do seem to favor very low carb levels, unless their just rushing to get it out.

_

I'm jumping ship if we don't find out something soon (or selling what I get stuck with). I need to brew.

_

I got an email back yesterday from the guy at Hop Union, he says we should get a price quote really soon. If you need something specific just let me know and I can see if I got it.

I'm a little perplexed - I picked up a growler of Calfkiller "Grassroots IPA" yesterday at Midtown in Nashville. Has anyone else had this? I get no hop flavor or aroma so I'm a little confused. Appearance is cloudy with little to no head retention and maybe some belgian yeast character? Franklly, it tastes like green homebrew IMHO. I'm almost positive I had this on tap at Spankies back around Tech homecoming and it tasted the same. No one at Spankies knew what it was, other than "Calfkiller". hah. So anyway, has anyone else tried this? Calfkiller's website says "Grassroots Ale" as one of their beers. I'm wondering if this is even supposed to be an IPA...

Their grassroots is an "ale" not an IPA. They do use a belgian strain in all their beers. I have found their batches to be a little inconsistent, imo. They also do seem to favor very low carb levels, unless their just rushing to get it out.

I tried this beer over the weekend in Mt. Juliet... not impressed at all. I feel like it was a fairly poor effort at craft beer. I really hope it was just a bad batch or keg or something because I really like small brewers and startups... agree completely with the green homebrew taste.

#hopbuy
Please keep me up to date on the hop buy as well, us ATL folks are getting restless and ready to brew as well.

Extravaganza! Reduced Registration Fee for Limited Time
November 22nd, 2011 by Richard
The Bluff City Brewers Extravaganza AHA/BJCP Sanctioned Homebrew contest is only a few short months away now. We hope you are planning on submitting a beer or three! Register your beer on or before January 6th, and you get a special reduced price of only $5.00 per entry (2 bottles required per entry). On January 7th, 2012, general registration will open, and the price will increase to $7.00. To pay, please use the Add to Cart button at the bottom of this post.
THEN click this link ENTRY FORM (PDF) to download an electronic entry form that you can fill out, and email to [email protected]
NEXT Click this link Bottle ID (PDF) to download a bottle ID label sheet. Fill out, and attach one label per bottle.
FINALLY, you will need to ship the beer and paper entry form to arrive before February 3rd, 2012 to:
Delynn Byars
2244 Lake Hill Court
Cordova, TN 38016
Phone 901.481.3396
Thanks, and good luck!

Hey all. I get really good prices at fastenal through my work. I'm ordering some stainless hardware if anyone wants in. Go to the website fastenal.com and let me know what you want. Email me at [email protected] and I will get you the prices

I'll be heading to Rebel on Saturday before the Preds game if anyone wants to meet me there for a yeast swap.

I currently have:

WLP007 Dry English Ale
WY1450 Denny's Favorite
WLP840 American Lager
WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast (Limited)

And possibly ready by Saturday... bottle harvested and stepped up Sierra Nevada yeast.

Does anyone know of any places that do CO2 refills or exchanges besides Volunteer Welding? I'm out and there is no way I can make it to them while they are open.

I've called a few places and have determined that business hours in TN suck. I understand everyone wants bankers hours, but anyone that works 8:30 to 6 can't get **** done... I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna have to show up at Volunteer welding as soon as they open and drive the tank back home so I can get to work close to on time...

I've called a few places and have determined that business hours in TN suck. I understand everyone wants bankers hours, but anyone that works 8:30 to 6 can't get **** done... I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna have to show up at Volunteer welding as soon as they open and drive the tank back home so I can get to work close to on time...

A little late for work:(
Fresh beer when you get home:D
Small sacrifice:mug:

Latest posts

Back