The glasses you use for drinking your brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are my two favorite ones:

image-3151533345.jpg

image-4242297934.jpg

The pint is a good all around goto glass the pilsner glass is more of a on ocassion or for lighter ales or lagers kind of glass like pilsner/wheatbeer or whatnot. I get bored though and as much as i like that SA glass I dont like drinking out of it all the time same with tulips unless I have a very aromatic beer.I tend to favor my tulip pub pint SS glass more often as well as the standard pint ,often just a mug,or my generic coke glass shaped glass. Pint glasses are nice for session beers also.

I have various types of glasses, including a boot that a received as a gift for being in a wedding. I've found that my favorites are snifters, tulip glasses, the Sam Adams perfect pints, and any curved glass that is larger than the volume of beer I'm consuming. I used to hate using a 16 or 20 ounce glass for 12 ounces of beer, but I've found that they work wonders for concentrating aromas.

I also have more shaker pints than I could ever dream of using. I need to clear some out of the cabinet.

I like the Sam Adams glasses with the etching on the bottom but I most often drink my beer out of mason jars. I could care less what people think about it. I prefer them. I may be a beer snob but I am not a glass snob.

Hey I guess that depends on how stressful my work day was???

Ahhh seriously I worked at a bar in college I have a freezer full of glassware, I use it because I've had it for years and it was free.

IMG_0475-1.jpg

why do you freeze you glasses? Don't you want to be able to taste the beer?

I'm a glass snob...why not get the most out of your beer? There are different shaped glasses for a reason. My favorite is the Goblet, which doesn't really get much use till fall/winter. Least favorite is the Pilsner glass.

Do your homebrew some justice and serve it right I say.

Jukas said:
I really like the nonic pint glasses, but dont' always want to drink an imperial pints worth. I really like the nonic pint glasses that Russian River serves as it feels about like 16oz, but I haven't been able to find any for sale yet.

I have a pretty good selection of pint glasses, imperial nonics, tulips and wheat beer glasses

Here's one of the Russian River nonic pints, don't ask me how I got it, it's about 10oz. Perfect for sampling or if you want less than the normal 20oz.

image-784101947.jpg

I like the standard Belgian stemmed tulip that most of the breweries put their logo on, all beers seem to come alive in that glass regardless of style. However, if people are over, and I'm not in a position to pay a lot of attention to the beer, then regular pint glasses do just fine. Those Sam Adams glasses look awesome, and I really need some.

I like the standard Belgian stemmed tulip that most of the breweries put their logo on, all beers seem to come alive in that glass regardless of style. However, if people are over, and I'm not in a position to pay a lot of attention to the beer, then regular pint glasses do just fine. Those Sam Adams glasses look awesome, and I really need some.

I agree. If it's just me and another person drinking, I'll use appropriate glasses. But if it's several friends over, we all use pint glasses.

And on the rare occasion I host a party...they get red solo cups lol.

Here's one of the Russian River nonic pints, don't ask me how I got it, it's about 10oz. Perfect for sampling or if you want less than the normal 20oz.

I was thinking it was between 12 - 16oz and would be kinda surprised if it was really 10oz, have you measured it? . I never really felt right about walkin away with one, maybe next time I'm in there I'll buy a couple.

Jukas said:
I was thinking it was between 12 - 16oz and would be kinda surprised if it was really 10oz, have you measured it? . I never really felt right about walkin away with one, maybe next time I'm in there I'll buy a couple.

I haven't measured it (and didn't walk out with it) but its smaller than you think. I can measure it tonight and let you know. By the way you can't buy them either. The only glass they sell are the wine shaped glasses with their logo on it. Befriend one of the servers, that's my advice.

OP,

Choosing from your photo:
If I were drinking my IPA it woud be the glass on the left.
If it was my American Wheat it would be the glass on the right.

I use a standard pint glass or I use what I thought was called a pub glass (a pint glass with a bulge near the top). I keep these in the garage refrigerator, not the freezer.

If I'm trolling around the yard working on something outside, I'll use a red solo cup.

No need for the red solo cup. I'm not a savage. Don't have to worry about knocking over a glass. I have a Deschutes tulip glass that works pretty well for the final product and a 30th Anniversary Sierra Nevada Snifter that I use for my Gravity readings.

795903_450_338.jpg

Because the thing in the front of the pic goes on the bottom and lights up!

Those are seriously the glasses that I give buddies that I know are bound to have more than a couple... because if they drop those I won't cry.

I will cry if they drop these pint glasses...

2012-04-05.jpg

The wife had those made for me for Christmas and I love 'em!

I'm one of those people who falls somewhere in the middle where glass is concerned. Yeah, I like glass, but it doesn't have to be expensive. I like it to be clean, but I don't obsess about that, either. We have an assortment of shaker pints (all with logos), some tulips, pilseners, a couple of those free Sam Adams glasses, and some big half-liter Spaten glasses that were cheap.

I like to drink out of this:

IMG_6516.jpg

This is my stone mug. It actually keeps the beer quite cold.

View attachment 65700

Nice. I'm thinking about getting one. Where did you get yours? I bought a wooden mug at a renaissance festival back in 2000 and it keeps my beer cold like your stone mug does - kinda like a coozie. It's my favorite drinking vessel. I often take it with me when I know I'll be drinking and almost always get complements on it. I have a really nice pewter mug but rarely drink out of it because in the summer months the beer gets hot too fast and in the winter months my hands get uncomfortably cold. When I'm at home I mostly drink out of my wooden mug unless I want to see the beer, then I go for a pint glass (I have a couple dozen of them with all kinds of brewery decals and such).

For fathers day I was givin a big hand crafted mug from the local arts festival. It's not like pottery, it has a more coarse texture (you can see the texture on the bottom, and the rest of the mug is glazed) and it is kiln fired. It appeals to the primal beer drinker in me. Oh, and it holds 25oz. Even better!

Ive been looking for the big schooner style glasses. They look like giant glass goblets. Anyone know where to pick some of those up at?

Nice. I'm thinking about getting one. Where did you get yours?

Once a year the city has hundreds of vendors from all over come and set up booths. They have all kinds of arts and crafts, wood working/carving, ect. This one I got as a gift so I don't have the guys information or I'd pass it along. I would think they would have this in texas too, just keep your eyes open at them and you might find someone who does this.

Cheers!

+3 on the sam adams glasses.. er, +2.. used to have 3 of them but i knocked one over last time i was brewing :-( .. now i only use them inside, but they are the most comfortable to hold i've found

I got many different types of glasses, but most often I use these, just because they fit many styles of beers and they are from a $1 Store (I go through them fast) :)
2011-05-18_11-22-24_564.jpg

I want a tulip glass, but I'm opposed to spending money on things. I think most of my glassware roughly compliments the beers I drink, though. Here's what I've got, minus standard American pints and a few doubles of what's showing: (the taster came from a craft beer fest, the Bavarian Pilsner with a T was the first gift my now-wife gave me when we were dating, and the rest are free or from thrift stores)

100_2742.jpg

Jukas said:

Jukas, I measured the small Nonic glass last night and it hold 10oz to the top.

Latest posts

Back