The Beer and Vinyl Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6518EE24-88C8-405C-B89A-8FA4CA33D9B1.jpeg

Sampling and blending some sour and funky beers over the weekend.

That receiver really takes me back. If that's not the one my family had when I was a kid, it's damn close. Makes me want to play Pink Floyd which was easily the music most played through it.
It’s not Pink Floyd (maybe tomorrow night) but I finally got to pair Stranger than Fiction with Bottle Logics, Stronger than Fiction.
367452EF-68F6-446A-AF92-29D9D771F3F1.jpeg

Not many more to complete the Doug Paisley catalog. What can I say, I’m a completist. This 7” features Bonnie Prince Billy on the A Side.

Beer is The Octagon by a brewery called Grains of Wrath. Which, as I understand it, is the brewery that was formerly the Portland Fat Heads location/brewer? Not sure if I ever got the full story there. Sounded like a bit of a coup I guess.

Either way, this is good. But Fat Heads is better.

D87DE9B6-2A2F-4734-B153-5584CE96A67F.jpeg

No Soviet Kitsch to pair with that beer?
Sigh...no. Haven’t picked it up yet. There was a crazy price on amazon & eventually my order was canceled. Just figured any of her albums would do haha.

No beer just vinyl. Original release. Hate when bands remaster things sometimes. They sound totally off & not better. most times in my opinion.
651ADBAE-E262-4DAD-823D-1883F8466C83.jpeg

I really want to sign up for this: https://www.bluesfuneral.com

Was strongly considering it until I noticed that the test pressing version is sold out for single payment but still available for 3 and 6 payments with financing charges. Forcing people into paying more in "finance charges" because you're limiting the amount of single payment sales is just a money grab, **** those guys.

15B8F9C9-D822-4078-8EE0-76BF4D76CD82.jpeg

1995 orig realease of this albumn has lots of sentimental value, for an artist to decide to remake same album 20yrs later, just to see what it would sound like...and “to hear so much hesitency in my younger self, compared to the ease and confidence in my vocal delivery today”

And dirtwolf paaaahnderz

So I just ordered Mike Doughty’s book to get all the deets, but apparently he has a really shitty relationship with the other members of Soul Coughing. Or at the very least, he has a shitty relationship with that part of his life. In a somewhat selfless attempt to reconcile that with the fact that his fans LOVE that ****, he is “reintroducing” those songs into his performances. He has attempted to re-record them often and has toured performing just those songs...just trying to figure out what exactly they mean to him.....

...or something.

This record was Doughty re-recording a bunch of Soul Coughing tunes “live” at some dudes house which happened to be a studio, so not live at all. Just a reinvention of the tunes with new musicians.

I can tell I will love this by next week but right now it’s a little tough to digest.

D363F431-C490-4342-9195-7E56F84ABA12.jpeg

Not many more to complete the Doug Paisley catalog. What can I say, I’m a completist. This 7” features Bonnie Prince Billy on the A Side.

Beer is The Octagon by a brewery called Grains of Wrath. Which, as I understand it, is the brewery that was formerly the Portland Fat Heads location/brewer? Not sure if I ever got the full story there. Sounded like a bit of a coup I guess.

Either way, this is good. But Fat Heads is better.

View attachment 4845
GoW brewer and owner used to brew for Fat Heads in Portland before he started up his own spot across the river. As far as I know there is no bad blood?

Fat Heads did change its name to Von Eberts though.

Back