The Beer and Vinyl Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cLtF8I7.jpg

Picked up this album solely because of the artwork and band name, Tomb Mold.

I was scrolling through the album's on Nate Newton's (Converge) year-end list, and listened to this for the very same reason.

Album is The Dresden Dolls - Virginia Monologues. It's a compilation of Yes, Virginia and No, Virginia. This is the only version of the former that is on vinyl, but I already had the latter so I had pretty much resigned myself to never owning this since I didn't want to pay a premium when I already have half of it. Thank god for 60% off sales I guess.
1XNIIGe.jpg

I might be smiling like a small child rn just excited to own this.

this was 8-year-old-Max's favorite Disney movie.. and I had this record also, which fed my burgeoning love for Roger Miller. there's a good chance I still know all the words to the songs.

and I've been slowly finding all these Disney records again.

Saw these guys just got added to Burger Boogaloo along with Jesus and Mary Chain, Dead Boys, Nobunny, Dwarves, King Tuff, Amyl and the Sniffers and Shannon and the Clams. Sometimes I really wish I lived on the west coast.

3E8DDD50-6570-4AE4-9E08-B8D7417A4332.jpeg

I listen to psyched out ******** records
(Dead Meadow - Feathers)...

...the **** happened to these guys man? I still see em showing up on posters and **** but they only put out sub-par records anymore. These guys got me into psych/stoner and then proceeded to **** all over the bed for years and years.
27ED0F27-BF18-4159-A142-1759DDAC187D.jpeg

Welcome to the thread - nice entry with the greatest singer of all time!

I’m getting my day started with the new ORB that finally arrived at my local shop. These dudes are getting more proggy with each record. Beer is poop. Not sure if because “old” or Brut.

22C4E824-3547-4B94-9FAB-1E0797B685DC.jpeg

I’m getting my day started with the new ORB that finally arrived at my local shop. These dudes are getting more proggy with each record. Beer is poop. Not sure if because “old” or Brut.

View attachment 4726

Old and not a great example of a Brut IPA

I’m getting my day started with the new ORB that finally arrived at my local shop. These dudes are getting more proggy with each record.
View attachment 4726

Since currently touring together...figured I’d listen to these turds next.

Back of album pictured so I wouldn’t have to type things.

B2EF49EA-3736-4AFC-BC5D-2BCB480AD7E5.jpeg

View attachment 4726
Thanks! Agreed, he is the greatest! New documentary on Netflix is pretty good.
B529D236-C28A-48F0-9755-DD6D9F8AC4A0.jpeg

Latest posts

Back