THC Seltzers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotf

Reaction score
This is a “would this work?” post. I can’t drink anymore but I still have my equipment.

I want to make a thc seltzer with no alcohol. Here’s my plan:

5 gallons of bottled water
Dump one can of Fruit Puree
Mix in 1 gram of thc powder
Keg and force carb and chill

It should yield about 40 - 16 ounce pours at 25 mg a piece…but will it be good? It’s just carbonated fruit purée water.

If it's one can purée to five gallons of water, I hope the can is enormous!

I doubt I'd find it tasty, but your taste is what matters.

I don't buy cannabis products as I cultivate. There are only two easy ways to doctor stuff at home for me: tinctures (requiring alcohol) and cannabutter/cannaoil.

I occasionally put a TINY dab of cannabutter in a cup of coffee, and I regularly bake with cannabutter.

I hope you find something you like that works for you!

Is the powder water-soluble? If not, it might be necessary to make a tincture with a small amount of ethanol (Vodka or Everclear). Otherwise the powder might all float to the top or sink to the bottom.

Also, is the thc powder water soluble? If it isn't it is gonna settle to the bottom of the keg with the puree.

edit: sibelman just beat me to it!

Is the powder water-soluble? If not, it might be necessary to make a tincture with a small amount of ethanol (Vodka or Everclear). Otherwise the powder might all float to the top or sink to the bottom.
Yeah it’s water soluble.

If it's one can purée to five gallons of water, I hope the can is enormous!

I doubt I'd find it tasty, but your taste is what matters.

I don't buy cannabis products as I cultivate. There are only two easy ways to doctor stuff at home for me: tinctures (requiring alcohol) and cannabutter/cannaoil.

I occasionally put a TINY dab of cannabutter in a cup of coffee, and I regularly bake with cannabutter.

I hope you find something you like that works for you!
It’s whatever the big can of Peach purée is from Oregon Fruit. I was gonna use it on 5 gallons of a sour ale.

@dotf , you might try a small proportional dilution of purée in water or seltzer to assess what amount is needed in 5 gallons. Re would be sad to waste the purée and THC on an unpleasant large batch. Alternatively, if you just go for it and it's not flavorful, I suppose you could add more purée (though that could get messy). Best of luck with your refreshing beverage.

Is 25mg per 16oz pour more real than what I've seen for products on the shelf, I think I recall seeing 10mg/16oz?

Latest posts

Back