Thanks to everyone...for ruining me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainsax

Reaction score
First batch was a success! I have to now thank everyone on this forum for ruining me because I will never be able to look at beer the same again and I will probably always have something living in my garage! I actually dreamed about home dewing the other night! I'm afraid it's all over for me...

Cheers!
image_zps1d4b8412.jpg

It's a steep cliff brother. You don't even know how far down the rabbit hole goes yet. Wait till you have a keezer, dozen kegs, ferm fridge, multiple CO2 tanks, multiple keggles....

I had my first dream of brewing a few weeks ago. I dreamt that I broke my hydrometer in my hand over the fermenter as I pulled it out of the tube. It was so real I woke up thinking it was broken. I went and found it and it was ok. whew... Maybe it's a sign that I need an extra and not to get it near the bucket.

Wait until you are having new equipment you buy online shipped to you @ work so that SWMBO doesn't see just how much new toys you are getting and you don't have to explain why you need it.
congrats on the brew and welcome to the obsession.

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. There is help. Most important, pack up all of your gear, supplies, and beer. Send it to me at once. You had better include any craft beer you have on hand, just to be sure. :)
My name is John, and I am a Home Brewer.

First batch was a success! I have to now thank everyone on this forum for ruining me because I will never be able to look at beer the same again and I will probably always have something living in my garage! I actually dreamed about home dewing the other night! I'm afraid it's all over for me...

Cheers!

I suggest you get something like a bear to live in your garage. It tends to keep the riff-raff out so they don't drink up all your home brew.:ban::D

Yep, you're done. :) And to save you at least one decision that you will hem and haw about for weeks/months: just get the 15 gallon pot.

You all are hilarious! Thankfully SWMBO likes brewing with me so she only rolls her eyes at me when I start drooling over new equipment. I already have a cool vintage fridge in the garage waiting to start its second life as a kegerator!

John, I'm afraid I can't send you my gear just yet, but if you are ever in Durango look me up and we will have a homebrew!

"Thankfully SWMBO likes brewing with me so she only rolls her eyes at me..."

My wife doesn't like the taste of beer; nor the smell of beer; nor the aroma of malt and hops lingering in the kitchen and how all the windows in the house are streamed up when she gets home from work; nor the way conversation --- no matter who it's with or how it starts out --- ALWAYS somehow finds its way around to "beer"; nor how our downstairs rec room has slowly been displaced by cases of bottles and strange "tubey" things and pots and buckets and funnels and strainers and weird little instruments; nor how her laundry room (esp. the double laundry sink) remains indefinitely hijacked for "non-laundry-related" purposes; nor how much time her [formerly attentive] hubby spends on the computer with "that beer forum"...

And then I remind her of the fact she totally surprised me last Christmas with this huge box from BSG under the tree, and that all of this is her fault - that she is single-handedly responsible for the obsession. It is then, and only then, that I get the roll of the eyes... and a little smile.

Welcome!

And, let me just say, that beer looks a damn sight better than my first effort; I don't even need to taste it to know it's not still cloudy with overactive yeast, or foaming over the side of the glass with a third of it not even poured yet (temperature control and patience are your friends).

Good looking beer. Did you know that brewing equipment reproduce? Every time SWMBO finds a new carboy I say they had a baby because the last one was too small.

You must be prophetic! I just found out today
that our car boy is expecting another addition in 7-10 business days!

Good looking beer. Did you know that brewing equipment reproduce? Every time SWMBO finds a new carboy I say they had a baby because the last one was too small.

You must be prophetic! I just found out today that our car boy is expecting another addition in 7-10 business days!

I haven't been to the liquor store/gas station in two years. "Ruined" is hardly the right word.

I suggest you get something like a bear to live in your garage. It tends to keep the riff-raff out so they don't drink up all your home brew.:ban::D

We do have plenty of bears in our neighborhood. I could always just bait one in with some spent grains and malt extract!

My better half bought me my stuff and feeds my new found hobby so that i have something other to do then wander from bar to bar in vegas lol

Latest posts

Back