Thanks for the tips! Lessons learned from this forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glaurung30

Reaction score
Well first off I have to thank this forum for existing and thank everyone for their knowledge they are sharing.

I have my fourth 5 gallon batch in the fermenter now. The last two I did were so so (they were actually recipe kits) and the first one I did which I just threw together ingredients and turned out pretty good.

With this fourth one, I followed a lot of the tips from this forum. I stopped being cheap and bought some star san. I did a yeast starter with my white labs vial. I got a better bucket with a predilled hole. So far this beer is off to a great start. In about 5 hours of it being in the fermenter the air lock was bubbling away. I also used some irish moss this time!

Some people will find this funny and it's a complete beginners mistake but I have been bottling my beer directly from the fermenter. haha I was talking with my friend who has a few more brews under his belt and he was like, "gross" haha so I'm using my old bucket as a bottling bucket this next time.

Well that's about it. I just wanted to share my experience with this batch. I'm really looking forward to it being done haha.

If I haven't heavily dry hopped or anything I will bottle out of my primary... as long as the siphon isnt sitting in the trub it isn't a problem. Some people are sticklers for clarity, others just want beer.

Back