Thanks CHI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBHBeer

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out the CHI Company for having what I needed to get my really old Firestone 2gal kegs back inservice. Can't wait to load them up.

Thanks Guys

I don't know if I'm the lone gunman here, but I didn't love using CHI. One thing that's good is that someone almost always answers the phone. Matt is good to deal with an is responsive. But, everything about doing business there tells me they are definitely sailing a west coast ship. Not a place to go for quick turnaround.

Maybe my order was super complex or I'm high maintenance, or both, but at the end there, I was begging to pay money for items to be rushed and it didn't happen. Now I have to cancel my brewery consultant (that's not really what he is, but for lack of a better word) appointment on Sunday cause I didn't want to overnight parts. Also, getting a custom weld from their shop next door (not theirs, but the one they use, so not their fault) did not happen. Thankfully Derrin at brewershardware helped me out.

More of a place to go for a large amount of a few things, less like a Kegconnection type place who probably put a 'special order' in for almost every shipment and are on the ball with that kind of 'customer service'.

And yes, my orders are complex (even according to Kegconnection) so take all that with a grain of malt.:)

PBHBeer: Thank you for the nice compliment. We do our best to have as many parts available as possible. We ship from over 26 different manufactures / shipping points across the Nation. For example, other sites may list 4 regulators; we list 45+. Other sites may list some stainless fittings; we list over 600+... Sometimes we "get it" and, admittedly, sometimes we can fall short...this is due to our struggles in accessing more parts, pricing, infrastructure and website details.

Bach7210: We too are waiting for the release of kegs from an independent Pepsi Franchise plant. Franchise plants are the only ones that have ANY kegs left. I believe they are doing what PBG did 3 years ago. They are trying to decide how many they need to keep for their "float", before releasing. They have told us that WHEN they release, we will be getting up to 8,000 kegs....we are chomping at the bit.

Chandler: Your order was not complicated. What WAS complicated was trying to figure out exactly what you wanted / needed for your (we assume) very complicated and specialized brew system. We are happy that we could supply with the parts you needed. We would love to see some pics of your system when it is finished.

Matt
BREW - ON!

We too are waiting for the release of kegs from an independent Pepsi Franchise plant. Franchise plants are the only ones that have ANY kegs left. I believe they are doing what PBG did 3 years ago. They are trying to decide how many they need to keep for their "float", before releasing. They have told us that WHEN they release, we will be getting up to 8,000 kegs....we are chomping at the bit.

Sweet, Matt! Let me know when they come in. I'm definitely ordering more from you guys when that happens.

Back