thank god my job doesn't involve saving lives or anything

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkone

Reaction score
because then i couldn't be drunk at 4 after the holiday potluck!

my contribution was four growlers of homebrew!

Sounds like an epic win! I could only have na egg nog at mine.

i can honestly say i've worked at much worse places before!

Had my Christmas party at work yesterday, and they didn't serve the typical wine and beer. They still had the punch with champagne in it, but they had set out bottles of booze by the various beverages: Bailey's with the coffee, Jim Beam and Absolut (?) with the egg nog; and something else with the hot chocolate. I found that rather strange...

This thread is very disrespectful to our members that actually DO have jobs that involve decisions of life and death. They put themselves out there to help us, and protect us so that we may live our lives in the way in which we are accustomed.

And they NEVER let us forget just how much they are doing for us! NEVER! Jesus! They go on so much about it I just want to shoot myself and put myself out of their misery......Honestly, you choose a job in public service then go on and on and on about it just to make us all feel bad? Why would anyone do that!! ??

I am an EMS driver.

I had 4 people in the back as we sped towards the hospital today....4 people depending on ME for their LIVES.

All I had had to drink, were 2 cokes, 4 IIPA's, 2 imperial Stouts, and a fifth of jim beam.

And MAN I WAS DRUNK!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!

:D

Wow that is kind of harsh! Grouping a large group of people as a self centered workforce. I am in LE and when I am off work it stays at work, I love my job but I have a life outside of it too. Gnome I am sorry if you have had a bad experience in the past with a public servant, but please believe me we all are not narcicistic self centered a-holes. That is my rant and it is the end of it, now back to the beer!

I don't save peoples lives, but I do work in healthcare. Sometimes I can't even make it all the way home without having a beer. Like yesterday. Happy Holidays!

Wow that is kind of harsh! Grouping a large group of people as a self centered workforce. I am in LE and when I am off work it stays at work, I love my job but I have a life outside of it too. Gnome I am sorry if you have had a bad experience in the past with a public servant, but please believe me we all are not narcicistic self centered a-holes. That is my rant and it is the end of it, now back to the beer!

PBRNUT, are you not familiar with the gnome's posting style? Everything he says is tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes so far in cheek he's kissing the OTHER cheeks, if you know what I mean. Anything he says that's actually taken seriously is most likely an accident. Or he's actually sober for once.

Thanks for the catch 'TOJ. :)

PBRNUT, sorry if I offended, as EvilTOJ said, it was tongue in cheek (My sig serves as a clue)

No, I have never had a bad experience with too many public service people. I have always been full of praise for every single paramedic that has been kind enough to give me a ride in their ambulance.

I've never had dealings with a fireman unless I count that one gay guy at a Karaoke night who sang YMCA. He seemed very disappointed to discover that his profession was not represented in The Village people.

I have however had dealings with the policemen in various countries in the past, and if I'm honest, they do kinda shift the balance of respect that I have for public services in the wrong direction. ;)

Back