Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What day this week would be good for you, Bobby? I can either stop by your place or pick it up at your office. Thursday is about the only bad one for me. Sorry I couldn't stop by this weekend, everyone; I was too busy brewing a Belgian Wit w/ Forbidden Fruit and taking care of everything else.

Cheers

I am not going into work today, so today is not a good day either.

Bobby, you want to bring it in tomorrow? I can stop by whenever, lunch would be great. I'll pop a bottle or two into the car for ya.

Hey Bobby I got to talking to Chris L and he said that they always had a problem of some sort too with their orders so I guess its just gonna happen. Let me know when you are thinkin for the groupish belgian brew. Also the music city brew off is Nov 4th in goodlettsville at the Marriott. It was a good time last yr.

5 bags of 2-row
11 lb of Roasted Barley.

Thanks for bringing it in Bobby, I appreciate it and your organizing of the buy.

Hey Bobby, If you can hold on to my CaraPils for a while. I'll have to figure out when I or someone else can come get it. Thanks.

We brought 3 2row but one was an extra we bought onsite. 1 marris otter, .5 wheat, .25 Vienna, .1 roasted barely,.1 Flaked corn, 1 gallon starsan, and pbw

Hey Dave, if you're not busy Sunday afternoon, would you be interested in delivering that to Dawns shop? I will have a growler of Belgian Tripel waiting for you. I'll even put it in Steveo's growler to make things interesting.

_

wildwest450 said:
Hey Dave, if you're not busy Sunday afternoon, would you be interested in delivering that to Dawns shop? I will have a growler of Belgian Tripel waiting for you. I'll even put it in Steveo's growler to make things interesting.

_

That's cool, then I can trade Dave's CaraPils for the growler. He he

I'm gonna start holding everybody's stuff for ransom! Yeah Paul, we can make that happen tomorrow; just let me know what time to meet with Dawn.

...and Steveo...thanks for bringing my carapils to Cookeville for your growler. :D

Fijidave12 said:
...and Steveo...thanks for bringing my carapils to Cookeville for your growler. :D

3-4 hour drive is a little too far for $8 worth of grain or a $4 growler.
Don't worry I bring some beer I made with it next time we get together, although you probably won't like it. Ha

Haha Yeah don't blame you....and I have nothing against your beers, just the whiskey. Ok, time for a couple tequila shots!

hey every1 if you didn't know the music city brew off is Nov 4th in goodlettsville at the marriot I am planning on being there and would like a bunch of you will be there.

Officially it is a big competition, the talking and drinking are just the evening activities. I've judged at it for the last three years. It is a good time and a good comp.

Hey guys
Lambchop here. Murfreesboro brewer here. Would love to get in on the buy and/or some brewing. Oh yeah and .........
GO BLUE!!

Lambchop said:
Hey guys
Lambchop here. Murfreesboro brewer here. Would love to get in on the buy and/or some brewing. Oh yeah and .........
GO BLUE!!

Let me be the first to welcome another Blue Blood. Maybe they should move UofM to Tn, as many M fans are here. Lol.

LOL
I did notice alot on here. Hoping my nerves have settled enough for tomorrow's game!!! Brewing a Bells THA clone tomorrow so that should help.

Figured this was the best place to post this.

I am looking for 2 oz of nugget hops for my brew tomorrow. I forgot to order them wednesday night when I ordered my other stuff. If no one has any off to rebel I go at 9 tomorrow morning.

keg2881 said:
Figured this was the best place to post this.

I am looking for 2 oz of nugget hops for my brew tomorrow. I forgot to order them wednesday night when I ordered my other stuff. If no one has any off to rebel I go at 9 tomorrow morning.

Sorry no nugget, but if you go to rebel, maybe you can pick up me and Jasons CaraPils from Bobby? Whatcha say Bobby?

Steve and Jason, I've got your grain at my house. I'll be around all day today and brewing tomorrow.

keg2881 said:
Steve and Jason, I've got your grain at my house. I'll be around all day today and brewing tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll hallar at you after my wife gets home.

Stevo2569 said:
Thanks, I'll hallar at you after my wife gets home.

Hey Steve thanks for the phone call, was at dinner with the wife she left for Fort Bliss for two weeks this morning. Do you still want to come over this Saturday? Say 1000 o'clock? I am trying to get Keagen to come and brew as well. We can brew, drink and watch real football. Hell Bobby and anyone else is invited too.

Hey Guys,
Haven't posted around in a while, just been brewing and lurking. Me and a few guys from work just bought some stuff i figured yall'd be interested in. Collier and McKeel distillery in Nashville is selling their used 5 gallon oak barrels. If yall have seen this already, just disregard, but these are the perfect size. The master distiller can only use the charred oak once for a Tennessee whiskey, and is using the small barrels for faster turnaround and smaller batch sizes. He is selling these things to try and recoup some of the upfront costs of the barrels. He says he is paying around 180/bbl, and is selling them for 75/bbl, or 3 for 180. If a few of you guys want more, i'm sure he'd make a deal even better for you. A coworker and I have a Yeti clone in there right now to make it a bourbon barrel stout. I figured the whiskey would only be around for a few batches, and can then be used for oak aging. the barrels are beautiful on their own as well.
IMAG0614.jpg

Back