Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D@mn it! :mad: They should comp us something towards our next order at the very least!

They do seem to make a lot of mistakes at the Hickory,NC warehouse. I am waiting on a phone call to see what they can do to get the grain here on Saturday. I will update the thread after they call me.

Look on the bright side, I will have two more beers ready for u guys to try next week and now I got time to make the homemade BBQ sauce for the Boston butts I will bring!

I will be letting one of the manager's at NCM know about how much planning went into our grain delivery. I am looking forward to hanging out with everybody again.

I will be letting one of the manager's at NCM know about how much planning went into our grain delivery. I am looking forward to hanging out with everybody again.
On the bright side... I will get to make the event:rockin:

boo, but in other news that might mean I can come and pick it up. I can't brew this coming weekend unless I want to do a Belgian of some sort in the conical. 10 gallons of BIPA in the ferm chamber, 10 gallons of sour Abbey sitting, 5 gallons of Choxpress on force carb.....maybe do 10 gallons of something or another with that pack of Forbidden Fruit.

Heh, it was an accident; didn't clean out the conical well enough. Looks like Brett and a little Lacto going on. Shoved it into the cellar a few weeks ago. Might keg half and bottle the other toward the end of the month.

The grain will be delivered on Friday around 11. The grain will be taken to my house around 11 on Saturday. Don't forget to bring some buckets if you are in on some of the splits. I think we are planning a trip to Rebel at some point before 1.

Bobby, I'm not sure what time I will be able to get there Saturday. I will call you guys when I'm on the way. If you go by Rebel pick-up my order (already paid for) and it will save me a trip. I doubt if I will get there before 1:00 anyway...
Do you have any roasted barley?

Bobby, I'm not sure what time I will be able to get there Saturday. I will call you guys when I'm on the way. If you go by Rebel pick-up my order (already paid for) and it will save me a trip. I doubt if I will get there before 1:00 anyway...
Do you have any roasted barley?

We will take care of you. I have some roasted barley that I can share with you, I think. I have 5# coming and that is a lot of Roasted Barley:ban:

i am hoping to make it there around 11ish. Bobby I got your brute if you want more than 1 bottle I got it. Just let me know before tomorrow and I will bring em.

I am gonna be in town (got a MCB meeting @ 4). Is 1-2 ok for pickup? I am gonna bring a growler of the Berlinner.

how about if he was to show up at 3am? ha ha. If any1 wants a bottle of Brute from Ithaca brewing co I have 1 xtra bottle and its $20 a bottle for it here is a link to it. http://ithacabeer.com/excelsior.php

its the 1st beer there. it won gold last yr in the american sour category.

I also have some american lager and czech pils wyeast strains that are over a yr old if any1 wants them let me know and I can bring them too I bought them thinkin I was gonna use them and nope still got them 6 months later.

I got my 1/2 bag marris otter and 5.5# of honey malt.

it was good to meet most everyone from the buy. hopefully we can all get together again brew something maybe when its a little cooler out.

<----- Is the proud new owner of a ridiculous farmer's tan

It was great to finally put some (real) names with some faces. Look forward to hanging out again soon.

1 2Row
.5 Vienna
.1 Roasted Barley
.1 Flaked Corn
.1 Honey Malt

--- For Billy ---
.2 Flaked Corn
.2 Roasted Barley

--- For Paul ---
.2 Honey Malt

---Knoxville---
1 2Row

Sorry I couldn't hang for very long. I saw a lot of new faces maybe I'll get a chance to chat next time. Also , thanks to everyone that helped me load.

1 2row
1 pil
1 munich
1 wheat
1 vienna

As always, it was fun to hang out with everyone. I am looking forward to the weather cooling off and getting together to brew some beer.
.2 Honey Malt
.1 Flaked corn
-no delivery on .2 cara-pils...that's bulls**t!
Not your fault Bobby, they keep screwing up. It keeps getting worse. What up wit dat?

I am going to see what needs to be done to be able to purchase from Brewer's Supply Group. They sell a lot of different grains as well. I am as equally pissed off about the screw-ups on this order. I am sorry that this happened, but like everybody I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys. I wish we were all within 30 miles of one another. I am really looking forward to drinking some good beer with you guys again soon.

Oh yeh. I forgot you requested a bring home list of the grain.

1-MO
1-2Row
5lbs roasted Barley
5lbs Flaked corn
11lbs Vienna
NO CaraPils
Plus the other stuff.
Brewin right now. A Christmas beer for the in-laws. Bad Santa. The wort taste so good, I'd almost want to carb it and drink it now.
Thanks again Bobby.

Today is going to be a busy day, with taking my 4-year-old to pre-school for the first time, and a dental appointment. I will update the thread once I have spoken with Trish at NCM. I think the carapils are the big issue. I am sorry but I think Matt is the one who is going to end up getting screwed on those. I am thinking that I can probably get somebody else to buy the 5 pounds of carapils and then just refund Matt his money. I know that the rest of you guys are close enough that you will eventually still get your carapils.

Don't worry about the carapils guys! We had a good time meeting everyone and enjoyed sampling others work.

What day this week would be good for you, Bobby? I can either stop by your place or pick it up at your office. Thursday is about the only bad one for me. Sorry I couldn't stop by this weekend, everyone; I was too busy brewing a Belgian Wit w/ Forbidden Fruit and taking care of everything else.

Cheers

Even though it was another brutally hot day, I had a great time meeting everyone and trying some really good beers. I really want to thank the couple that brought the Gumballhead. I had been wanting to try that forever, and it didn't disappoint.

My haul:

.1 Roasted Barley
.2 Honey Malt
1 CM 2-Row

Even though it was another brutally hot day, I had a great time meeting everyone and trying some really good beers. I really want to thank the couple that brought the Gumballhead. I had been wanting to try that forever, and it didn't disappoint.

My haul:

.1 Roasted Barley
.2 Honey Malt
1 CM 2-Row

Glad you enjoyed it... one of my personal favorites!

Back