Taprite o-ring 440-17r

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentbud

Reaction score
440-17r. This is the flat o-ring that fits on the end of a Taprite CO2 regulator inlet. Everywhere I look, they either want ~$2 per o-ring and/or they want $15+ shipping to send them when a postage stamp would cover it. I'm the kinda guy who doesn't mind spending money when needed but hate wasting it. In my mind, one should be able to pick up a bag of o-rings for $10 shipped. Maybe I'm just cheap but I'm not spending $30+ for 10-15 pieces of rubber. Anyone have a good source for these at a reasonable price?

Last edited:
Agree - adding them to a bulk MoreBeer order may be the best option at this point to avoid the huge shipping cost.

440-17r. This is the flat o-ring that fits on the end of a Taprite CO2 regulator inlet. Everywhere I look, they either want ~$2 per o-ring and/or they want $15+ shipping to send them when a postage stamp would cover it. I'm the kinda guy who doesn't mind spending money when needed but hate wasting it. In my mind, one should be able to pick up a bag of o-rings for $10 shipped. Maybe I'm just cheap but I'm not spending $30+ for 10-15 pieces of rubber. Anyone have a good source for these at a reasonable price?
Your local welding/gas shop will probably stock them, but it might be $2.00 each.

I have them for $1 each and a couple bucks for postage.

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/regoring.htm

^There's a deal right there^

You can actually use a standard nylon or fiber crush washer - with or without the Taprite O-ring, doesn't matter. I've done as much, went almost a year using a nylon gasket squashed inside the coupler before I had the opportunity to acquire a couple of the Taprite O-rings as add-ons to a purchase so I didn't get beyotch slapped with the shipping for freakin' O-rings...

Cheers!

Couple bucks for postage?

Uh no.

$12.55 is too much in my opinion.

DMF
USPS just retired their "first class" postage for a method called ground advantage. I didn't realize I had to do something to make it display but I just did that. I agree that $12.55 is too much and I would never call that "a couple bucks". It's actually more like $3-5 depending on address.

I make $.22 profit on each gasket and then I have to pay 3% to process the payment and an employee to pick and pack it. Trust me when I say I posted about these as a favor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back