Tapcooler [counter pressure] can filling cap o-rings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
I recently picked up one of the Tapcooler setups for filling beer cans. When I put it together, of course one of the o-rings (in the cup that goes over the can) had a sliver taken out of it. I've sourced replacement o-rings, but you need to buy 25 at a shot. They're cheap ($1 for all 25, plus another $4.25 shipping) to get. Looking to see if anyone else is interested in taking some of the 25. I figured I'd be good keeping up to 10. I can't see ever needing more than that for replacement count.

If you're interested in getting some spares, let me know. I'll simply put them into an envelop and send them once I get the order. Since this is single stamp items, I'm not asking for anything. I just don't want these hanging around, ending up getting misplaced/lost over the years it will take me to use them up. Or they get so old they degrade to not being usable.

If you don't mind, where did you get the Tapcooler setup? I browsed all the major sites that are announced as official Tapcooler suppliers and they were all sold out of the canning setup. And apparently there is no other alternative for counter pressure filling.

If you don't mind, where did you get the Tapcooler setup? I browsed all the major sites that are announced as official Tapcooler suppliers and they were all sold out of the canning setup. And apparently there is no other alternative for counter pressure filling.

They’re allegedly going to be available by the end of the month. That’s what I got for a response from tapcooler themselves. I’ve been trying to get one since March but I guess they’re updating the canning setup and that’s why they aren’t in stock anywhere.

The redesign is why I got the older design. At least from what I was told about the changes. I do hope they (at some point) improve on the pressure relief side since right now it's not all that good. I've had to back it almost all the way out to get it to release enough pressure to get decent fills. I might trim the spring down a little under the threaded fitting in order to make it work better. Also, the drain tube that goes in there is suboptimal (at best). Not easy to insert and the tubing is too thin to not cause issues.

I am going to be making a new base for mine (after I get parts made for my new element control panel done) that will be both wider and longer. :O The drain hole in the back is horrible as well. I'll be placing that in the bottom (probably center). That way it will actually drain easily and directly down into a container.

IMO, it's a good concept but it's only about 85% there.

Back