Tampa and Orlando area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemoose

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Any really great local beers in the area? I am flying into Tampa on Wednesday.

What else besides cigar city?

In bottles or cans?

Hey Bluemoose! I'm not sure where you are staying but if you are close to downtown I would suggest you hitch a ride over to Ybor and check out Coppertail Brewing Company, Cigar City Cider and Mead and Tampa Bay Brewing Company. If you have means to a rental car or taxi then head over to St. Pete and check out Cycle Brewing and Green Bench Brewing Co. I also enjoy Rapp Brewing Co in Seminole. If you go there try their Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout, phenomenal! If you really feel like driving then you can come up to Trinity and go to one of my favorite new breweries Escape Brewing Company and if you are there you might as well go over to Big Storm Brewing Company.... :ban:

Sounds like I have some googling to do. I will take a look. Thank you. Any beers in bottles or can I should pick up?

Are you looking for special release/rare bottles or just their normal lineup? Cigar City will have the most variety (Find some Puppy's Breath) and the rest may or may not have some bottles. Green Bench just released this weekend a 4 part series of a russian imperial stout so you might be able to pick up some of those if they are not all sold out. I also forgot to mention Southern Brewing and Winemaking. It is a home brew shop but they also have an attached brewery. Not only do they make good beer but they freely give out the recipes if you want to make them.

Saint somewhere - does belgians, u wont find them at bars since he only distributes to liquor stores but he makes great saisons and he also opens up his brewery for one or two nights each week which is really just a small wharehouse with open fermenters. I got their early and was able to chat with the brewer over some of his beers one on one.

Six ten brewing- great owners that left the business world to do what they love.

Coppertail brewing- i would say that i enjoyed their beers the most really good double ipas

Rapp, cycle and a couple more are all really good!

I went to ulele which is a new brewpub but thought everything was mediocre at best

Right between Tampa and Orlando is Brew Hub in Lakeland, my home town. They brew for Cigar City, Orange Blossom and others, including some of their own beers. Well worth the stop, right off I-4.

Brew Hub

Les

Back